Wine

JK's POV

Jisoo leads most of the conversation. I just keep thinking about how easily she said "girlfriend". How are we girlfriends if there wasn't even a request? Is this some kind of joke?

"Jisoo." I cut her in the middle of something she was telling and she looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Yeah?"

"What are we?" She frowns when she hears me.

"What you mean?" She takes a sip of wine.

"What exactly are we?"

"Do you want a label?" she stares at me.

"Jisoo, I just want to know where things are going." I let out a sigh and she puts the glass down on the table without looking at me. After several minutes, I look at her and see that she's joking as she twirls her glass on the table.

"I don't know what you want to hear, Jennie" she looks up "I'm in love with you, I've only seen and dated you, there's no one I think about more than you. You literally live in my mind 24/7. If you want me to fit what I feel into a label, that's okay, you're like my girlfriend, are you satisfied now?" She turns the rest of the contents of the cup and looks away.

"Why are you so irritated by a simple question?" the waiter approaches with our plates and Jisoo forces a smile for him. She starts filling the cup again.

"Because I hate it when you keep complicating things that are simple, Jennie, I thought we were already past this stage of insecurities without justification." She raises her voice before starting to drink the wine.

"We had agreed that I would always tell you whatever I felt or thought, you asked me for it and now you're acting like that." I say softly and hear her take a deep breath. She turns her glass of wine over and starts eating. I push the plate forward and watch the movement in the street.

"Aren't you going to eat?" from the tone, I know she's trying to sound calm.

"I lost my hunger." I say without looking at her.

"Okay, I'll ask for the bill and drop you off at home." She throws her napkin on the table and I take her hand.

"Jisoo, I don't like it, when I say something and you don't say what you think, I need to know what you think because if not, I think you'll give up on me."

"Sometimes I really wanted to give you up, Jennie." She pulls her hand and I realize that I've crossed the line, once again "Why do you care so much about a label? Tell me why? I don't understand."

"Because you were Sehun's fiancée, Jisoo. Everyone talked about it, everyone supported you two and you seemed happy about everything. You were engaged to someone, everyone knew about it." I pull the plate and start to roll the pasta with my fork.

"And I ended an engagement for you. I should be really happy to even do that." She says ironically, her voice slightly slurred, and starts refilling the glass.

"Yeah, you ended an engagement for me. I'm afraid another Jennie appears in your life and you finish what we have, which has no definition, because of this new person."

"I can't handle two of you, one is more than enough." she takes a sip of the wine "Can you wait? I plan on asking you to date, but I need to finish some of the projects I'm overseeing so I can plan a decent request, as you deserve, something worthy of Jennie Kim." she sighs "But for me, we're dating."

"So can I consider this as dating?"

"For God, Jennie, I can't handle you, I need more wine to be patient." she's about to call the waiter when I get up and sit beside her. I place a hand on her chin and pull her face to mine, kissing her. I shouldn't have done that, Italian food mixed with wine and Jisoo's mouth is something I wasn't prepared for.

"I would fuck you now, in that chair." I say as I walk away, against my will and she smiles.

"I want to." she approaches again and I push her. I go back to my seat and drink all the water that was in the cup.

"Let me have dinner in peace." I pick up the cutlery again.

"It was you who attacked me!" She says indignantly.

"Shut up!" I say while eating and she waves to the waiter.

"Two extremely cold sparkling waters and another bottle of wine, set aside two of these for me to take when I finish the bill." she gives a drunk smile that seems naive and flirtatious at the same time.

"What are you going to do with so much wine?"

"I'll use it in your dating request." She shrugs and smiles.

"You're drunk." I shake my head. "Will there be dessert?"

"Yeah, my girlfriend, whatever you want, I'll give it to you."

"I want you, Kim Jisoo."

"You already have me, next order."

"Tiramisu!" I pout and she laughs.

"I believe you heard my girlfriend's wish, so two desserts actually pack two to go too." the waiter nods and looks at us in a strange way, making me blush.

"Don't drink so fast." I say as I watch her fill the cup.

"Sssssshhhh!" she puts her finger under her lips for me to shut up "Enjoy your dinner while I enjoy the sight of having Jennie Kim so wonderfully in front of me." I roll my eyes and she laughs. "I love you, Jennie."

"What?" I drop the fork and look at her scared.

"I love you." she repeats quietly.

"You're saying that because you're drunk."

"No, I'm saying this because the wine took my fear afraid of you freaking out. I love you, we're dating and we're getting married, and you'll never be rid of me again."