Chunking

1 year later

JK's POV

365 days. Three hundred and sixty-five fucking days since Kim Jisoo walked out of my life.

If someone told me a year and a few months ago that I would be engaged to Kim Jisoo and we would break up a few weeks later because I made stupid choices, I wouldn't believe it.

I would laugh and say the person was delusional, because I could never live without Jisoo, but it looks like I was wrong.

Not totally, I haven't really lived through any of these days. I just survived. There is no color in my days, there is no light. It's all black and white.

We lost everything. Literally. My father managed to end everything we had and we had to change our entire lifestyle.

We're not totally poor, but we have gone down a lot. Obviously, he lost the lawsuit he filed against Jisoo, demanding acknowledgment of union and her assets, to make matters worse, she filed a lawsuit and took some assets from him.

I confess I had fun watching the fit he had when he passed some real estate to her, nothing more than just after how much he upset her.

Come to think of it, I think it will be 3 months since he died of cirrhosis, after he became an alcoholic and we had to admit him. It feels like it was in another life.

"Where are you?" Kai, my coworker nudges me.

"What's it?" I say irritated.

"You're so nervous, Jen, you have to be careful not to freak out." He gives me a smile he thinks is sexy and I roll my eyes.

"Did you bother me for nothing?" I sigh and rub my forehead. My work is good, the company is average, but Kai is annoying. He's been flirting with me since the first day I walked in here and I've dumped him a lot, but he doesn't care.

"Today will be the first meeting to decide whether to sell us or not."

"Are we going to get fired?" now that everything seemed stable, one more worry was arising.

"It depends." he watches me with curiosity. I just don't punch him because he's the owner's son and because I need the job. "I brought you some truffles." He puts a fancy box of truffled bonbons on top of my table.

"I already said that you don't..."

"That I don't need to buy you anything" he rolls his eyes and laughs "I know, but I like it. Soft water on hard stone, so much beats until it pierces." He blinks and I roll my eyes, opening the box of chocolates.

"Thank you, I hope it's not poisoned." I take one of them and bite it.

"I bet your mouth must drive people crazy, Kim." I can only remember the sighs and moans I've already torn from Jisoo.

"You have no idea." I smile at him "Now let me get back to work."

"Maybe I need you at the meeting." He blinks before leaving my room.

How do I go to a meeting I have no idea who it is with?

Almost an hour later, one of the secretaries knocks on the door and says I need to go to the conference room.

Kai could have at least warned me earlier, because I'm not even sure I'm presentable enough. I'm only wearing a purple sweater and black pants.

I try to fix my hair but end up giving up and shrugging. I take a deep breath before knocking on the door, because all I can hear is laughter and good-natured voices.

"Hey, Jen! Come in!" Kai opens the door and puts his arm around my waist, directing me to the boy standing next to the sofa. "This is Jennie Kim, my master and design expert. Not to brag about it, but Jennie is phenomenal at the work she does, she has a unique and elegant vision, you won't find anyone like her."

"The more weight the compliment has, the greater the pressure." the young man smiles and extends his hand, squeezing mine firmly "I'm Jung Hae In."

"Our Milk Man here is from Korea, but he developed his business in Japan and now wants to expand in Seoul." Kai says smiling.

"These are my original plans, I depend on my private consultant to help me." he smiles warmly, but his expression changes when he fixes his gaze on my face "She knows the area and the important contacts very well, if not for her, I don't even know where I would start."

"She? What's her name? Must be great to meet so many important people in Seoul. The more contacts you have, the better."

"Miss Kim is perfect, I've never met anyone like her." he says still staring at me "I'm sorry Jennie, now I realize that your expression is familiar, I think I've seen you somewhere." he scratches his chin.

"With all due respect, I don't think we've met." throat clear "I'm not good with features."

"I asked them to call you, so Haein can already get to know the team and think about how to structure everything, when the purchase is finalized."

"Oh, congratulations to both of you on that deal." I smile at them and fidget, realizing that Kai still has his hand on my waist.

"We're waiting for my consultant to arrive so we can evaluate together, she must be arriving." Haein takes the glass of water on the table and when he's finished, we hear the knock on the door "It must be her." he leaves the glass quickly and runs to the door. He must be in love to be so helpful with this consultant. "I hope I didn't disturb you," he says as he opens the door.

"Don't worry, I was already free when you called me." that voice... my breath quickens, along with my heart.

"You look beautiful, by the way." I'm frozen in place.

"You're so over the top" the fun laugh, the same effects, everything is still the same "How beautiful do I look if I just got out of a tennis game?" Hae In walks away and Jisoo enters. Wearing a set of white tennis uniform. I'm shaking and sweating so much I need to clasp my hands behind my back.

"You're too modest, Jisooya!" they laugh and approach us, but then our eyes meet. "Well, this is Jongin and Jennie. I'm buying Jongin's company and Jennie is the..."

"Designer." Jisoo's tone is as neutral as the expression on her face. "I've heard about Miss Kim's work, they say it's really wonderful."

"I told you Jen was excellent, Milk Man." Kai laughs and squeezes Jisoo's hand, but pulls me closer to him, squeezing my waist.

"I have high expectations for Jennie." Hae says and I force a smile, looking away from Jisoo and swallowing hard "I hope you surprise me." He smiles widely at me and just nods.

don't forget to vote, pls ;)

i'm thinking of starting another story in english...