Promises

KJ's POV

"I don't believe!"

"Why not?" Jennie says all smiles. Something tells me there's more to this than a simple engagement and I'm starting to think it was a bad idea to reveal this to Sunmi.

"You couldn't even stand each other while I was in Korea!" Sunmi changes her tone a little and I try not to intervene in the situation.

"You don't know anything Sunmi, it was you who was disturbing us while you were there." Jennie says irritated.

"Come on Jen, I bet you were throwing yourself at her because you could never accept the fact that I always get things much better than you!" I choke when I hear this and they're facing each other.

"Let's go, Jennie." I stand up and Jennie gives me such a deadly look that I sit back down.

"Jisoo, are you happy about it? Is this what you want for your life?" Sunmi takes my hand and I swallow hard.

"Take your hand off her." Jennie slaps Sunmi's hand.

"Jisoo, we need to talk, just the two of us." Sunmi gets up.

"She's not going anywhere with you, I know what you're capable of." Jennie squints her eyes and takes my hand, squeezing hard.

"If you have so much confidence in the love that Jisoo feels, why can't she meet me alone?" Sunmi says teasing her and now I'm panicking. We're getting some prying eyes in the cafeteria.

"Come on, Chu. Whatever Sunmi has to talk to you'll have to wait until I'm dead and buried, because not even over my dead body will you two be alone." Jennie takes my hand and pulls me out of the cafeteria.

It's a little cold today. I wrap the scarf tighter around my neck and take Jennie's hand that arches an eyebrow facing me.

"What's it?" I pout. "I'd eat kimchi rice now."

"Do you want to talk to your beloved Sunmi?" God, does she really want to fight?

"I'm already talking to my baby, Jennie."

"What does she want to talk to you that needs to be alone?"

"I don't know, honey. This's not important." I pull her closer to me and interlace our fingers.

"How not? Will she show up at our wedding and get in the way?" Paranoid Jen is the worst Jen.

"Jennie, listen to me." I stop walking and place both hands on her cheeks, which are slightly swirled and almost make me forget what I was going to say. "I don't know what she wants, but I don't care. No one is going to mess up our marriage because I won't allow it.

"But Chu, you heard her, she's determined to win you back and..." I kiss her before she keeps talking nonsense. It's really hard kissing wearing so many clothes, but it gets easier after Jennie pulls me by the scarf.

"Stop thinking about Sunmi and anything she said." I whisper as I walk away and lean my forehead on hers "I feel absolutely nothing for her. I love you and I just want you, Jendeuk."

"Promise me you won't let neither her nor anyone else do anything to hinder us." She pouts, making me laugh.

"I only promise that if you promise to stop thinking about nonsense. It's not healthy and it's not good for that pretty head." I poke her forehead which gives me that huge and gummy smile.

"I promise what you want, Chu!" she jumps on me, hugging me tightly and we start to laugh.

*****************

After lunch, we're visiting with Adam and Jules in the building they want to renovate. I'm getting sleepy and lazy because we've walked so much and it doesn't seem to end.

I end up yawning and Jennie pinches me, giving me a scolding look and I just shrug.

"You look tired, Jisoo." Jules approaches us.

"I'm a little." I give her a soft smile and Jennie leans closer to my arm.

"You already seem to be more excited, Jen." Adam says. "You didn't reply to my message about the date of our possible meeting." I turn to her and arch an eyebrow.

"What message?"

"You shouldn't meddle in Jen's personal affairs, they're not your concern." he says softly.

"I think that's where you're wrong, Jennie's personal affairs are more of my interest than any other subject."

"You're the most nosy partner I've ever met." he stares at me.

"I think you're missing the news, Adam." Jules says quietly and points to Jennie's hand.

"Wait, are you two together?" he raises his voice.

"If by together you mean brides, yes." I shrug. "I'm sorry to let you know that Jennie's personal affairs are of interest to me, as well as everything related to her. You're just a playboy who thinks he can have whatever he wants whenever he wants, but Jennie is out of your league and I hope you're all clear on that."

"You..." he starts to say, but Jules pulls him by the sleeve of his shirt "I want to terminate the contract." he says with an annoying smile and Jennie widens her eyes.

"Okay, you can finish. You have our email, ask your lawyer to send us the breach of contract." I turn to Jennie "Shall we?"

"Jisoo, we can't break the contract, you know how bad it's..." I give her a quick kiss.

"Don't worry. I have everything under control." I turn to them and nod my head "Have a good afternoon!"

Jennie looks so in shock that I have to drag her out of the building, but strangely, I feel so light after all of this.

"Let's eat something? Are you in the mood for something special?" I swing our arms.

"Jisoo, my father is going to kill me because of this contract. He worked very hard to win it."

"Jennie, I don't care." I stop walking and she turns to me "I couldn't stand that son of a bitch hovering over you like a vulture any longer, ready to attack. If your dad gets pissed off, I'll work triple what I already work to make up for the loss of this contract, but I won't accept anyone treating you like he was treating you. The least you deserve is respect and I'll make sure everyone treats you that way. Nobody messes with Jennie Kim while you're with me."

"Jealous Kim Jisoo is hot." She smiles and wraps her arms around my neck. "I like you jealous."

"For you, Jendeukie, just for you."

hey ,babes! double update and don't forget to vote :)