Repair

JK's POV

"Jennie! JENNIE!" I see the snap near my nose and startle, jumping back.

"You scared me!"

"It's you who's been lost for several minutes, looking in a crazy kind of trance." Jisoo squints her eyes. WHY DID I HAVE TO IMAGINE EVERYTHING? I let out a groan of frustration and rub my forehead. "Are you okay?"

"No, I think I'm still drunk." Annoyed sigh.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I say quickly and she looks at me surprised "My fertile imagination making me lose the connection with reality, that's all."

"Haein is waiting for us for lunch, are you going or what?" she says as she walks to the elevator.

"Yeah" I say as I look at her thighs. Is she working out?

"Great, because I need a ride." She says as she puts on her sunglasses.

"Don't you have a car?"

"I'll order a taxi." She shrugs and crosses her arms as she leans against the elevator wall.

"That's not what I meant." I would venture to say that she is rolling her eyes after listening to me. When we leave, she takes her phone and I take it from her hand. "You're coming with me."

"I thought that..."

"You're going. With me." I approach her and she shuts up. Did yesterday's tequila make me someone different? Since when do I have so much courage to act like that with Jisoo? So much strength?

"You're really drunk." she says as she gets in the car and fastens her belt.

"I told you." I roll my eyes and she huffs angrily. 20 minutes later, we're entering Haein's chosen restaurant.

"You make a lovely couple." the manager says and I smile. Jisoo doesn't seem to listen or pretends very well.

"I miss the time we were a couple." I say softly next to her and I see her shiver "Even though I know it was all my fault."

"I'm feeling so guilty for leaving you!" Haein hugs her before Jisoo can say anything.

"Don't worry, everything worked out, we'll discuss some details later." Jisoo sits beside him, facing me and Kai appears right after. Why is he here?

"Hi, I hope no problem has arisen." Kai smiles at Jisoo and then at me.

"Everything was great, right, Kim?" I smile at Jisoo who just nods and takes the menu.

"Oh, no need, today we'll have a special menu." He takes her hand and I takes a deep breath.

"You make a beautiful couple." Kai says and Haein smiles wider.

"I told you." Haein intertwines his fingers with Jisoo who's drinking water. "Sorry for my language, but if it weren't for the bitch one who destroyed Jisoo's beautiful heart, I would have already conquered her." My breath catches in my throat and Jisoo spits water onto the table, choking and looking at me with wide eyes.

"How could someone have the courage to do this to you?" Kai says and I step on his foot. "Sorry to ask like that, it's because I really can't imagine how anyone would do it."

"The idiot left Jisoo. Who in their right mind would leave this woman?"

"Nobody." I interrupt Jisoo who was about to say something. "No one in their right mind would do that, it can only be a crazy person or with a confused head to make such a choice." Jisoo's gaze is darker and more intense and I have no idea what that means.

"Do you still see each other or something?" Kai asks and now I'm widening my eyes. My luck is that the waiters arrive with the dishes and serve us.

Apparently, Haein picked something chicken for me and pasta for Jisoo. I see her disguised pout and mentally roll my eyes. How does he think he would have conquered Jisoo if he doesn't know that what she likes most in the whole world is chicken?

"I love this, can we trade? If you don't mind?" I look at Jisoo who looks at me in surprise and that huge smile, when it comes to chicken, is on her face.

"Sure, no problem." She says excitedly as she takes my plate.

"Any time you want." I smile and wink at her who's now blushing slightly.

Quite different from what I imagined, lunch is light and relaxed. Hearing Jisoo laugh is like music to my ears.

In fact, it's like I've been deaf all these days we've been away and I've only just heard it again.

I realize Haein is bothered about something and it probably must be because I don't take my eyes off Jisoo. Not after a year without seeing her. Not after a year of dreaming of the day I would have her in front of me again.

"So, you and Jennie?" Haein says and that spark of curiosity is in Jisoo's eyes.

"We're just coworkers." I hasten to say, and somehow Jisoo seems to relax in her place.

"Because you want it that way, I already told you." Kai has that smirk on his face and I roll my eyes.

"She's tough." Haein laughs and puts his arm behind Jisoo.

"I thought you were together." Jisoo says without looking away from mine and I start to laugh.

"In his dreams, maybe, not mine." I lean towards her and she raises an eyebrow. "In mine I have someone else."

"Sooya, can I ask for the check? I want you to join me in some things." Haein, again, interrupting us and calling the waiter. He's starting to annoy me.

"Okay" Jisoo turns to him while he pays the bill. "Thanks for switching dishes, you saved my lunch and my mood." She whispers in my ear as she hugs me and I shiver.

"I would switch plates as many times as necessary just to see that smile on your face, Chu." I whisper back and the hug ends up lasting longer than necessary until Kai clears his throat and I roll my eyes.

"Until the next meeting." Kai nods at them and when they're far enough away he turns to me. "It's her, isn't it?"

"What?" I look at him without understanding.

"The girl you abandoned and regret every day."

"How..."

"I've heard you talking to one of your friends in your room. I gave up on hitting when I realized from your tone that was serious." He looks at me with pity in his eyes.

"Yeah.." I shrug.

"I thought she'd hate you." he says thoughtfully.

"And who said no?"

"Those who hate don't feel jealous." he gives a smug smile "I'll help you fix your mistake, Jen." He blinks and walks away without saying anything else.

hey, my loves, i started a new fic in english, it's Messing Up,

 I'll leave the link in the comments if you want to read it. 

don't forget to vote, pls :)