Tequila

JK's POV

Professional. That's what Jisoo is. She didn't give me a look or make any comments with indirect or double meanings, not even when we were alone for the entire 5 minutes.

It was the longest minutes of my life. It was difficult to breathe. The air in the room was heavy, even though Jisoo didn't look at me, I felt something like that coming from her.

It's been a week and every time I close my eyes, I can remember the bright smile she used to give when Hae In made her smile. Are they together? Did she forget me that easily?

"Jen?" I hear the snap of fingers in my ear.

"Yeah?" sigh and look at Chaeng. "I saw Jisoo a week ago." I see her and Lisa exchange a suspicious look. "What she said?"

"We can't tell you, Nini!" Lisa squeezes my arm.

"Do you still love her?" Chae stares at me.

"There hasn't been a day that I haven't thought of her, Chaeng." I feel the tears begin to form.

"Jennie, you can think of her every day out of regret."

"I love her. How could I not love her? She is the love of my life and I lost her, Chaeyoung." I feel the tears fall "I need to wake up every morning and face this ridiculous reality."

"Will you get along from now on? Frequently?" her tone is so firm.

"I don't know how it's going to be, the guy who's buying it said she's a kind of consultant and she's helping him, but that's not what it looks like." I turn the dose of tequila over and put more in the glass.

"Why not?" She leans on the table, watching me with curiosity.

"Because I saw the bright smile she gives him. He's always trying to make her smile." I let out a sigh when I remember his words "He admires her a lot and I would risk saying that he's in love with her."

"And how did she treat you?"

"Friendly, ethical, professional." I shrug and turn over another shot of tequila "Jisoo's practical way of acting."

"Did she talk to you?" Lisa says.

"Not necessarily, I just said that I had heard about my work and that I was good at what I did, no biggie." I fill the glass again.

"Go slow, little girl." Chae pats my hand.

"Leave me, I don't need to work tomorrow!" I pull the bottle "Let me drink until I forget that one day Kim Jisoo was in my life and did everything to see me smile."

"Don't be dramatic, Jennie." Chae says with a disapproving look.

"Do you remember the last time I gave a sincere smile? Because I don't. I don't know how to smile anymore. Jisoo left and took everything with her!" I lay my head on the table "She was so beautiful and sexy. When she's not there, is she? I've seen Jisoo in as many ways as possible and she always looks beautiful."

"No more drinking, Jen." Lisa pats my shoulder. "Let's take you home."

"Chu's house? From my Chu?" I slide my finger over the design carved into the wood of the table.

"Your home, Jen. Only yours." Lisa says and I sigh, closing my eyes.

****************************

"What is Lalisa?" I answer my cell annoyed "If you called to see if..."

"Jennie? It's really you?" Kai's laugh makes me stay alert and I feel a twinge in the side of my head. Damn tequila.

"Sorry, Kai, I thought you were an annoying friend." I rub my forehead and sigh. "Can I help you?"

"I need a favor." he clears his throat.

"Huh, sure, say it." I'm almost dozing sitting when his next words make me wake up completely.

"I need you to follow Hae In on our latest work. You're the one who lives closest to there and my car has a flat tire, I can't get there in time. I think you two will arrive together." He gives a nervous giggle.

"Kai, are you kidding me?" I say seriously.

"No, Jennie, I wish it were. Most of the people won't be there and the foreman will stay until you arrive, then he has to leave." He sighs "But the visit shouldn't take long. Sorry to make you work on your day off. I'll make it up to you for that."

"It's better. I'll get ready and go there." I hang up before waiting for his answer and look at my watch. 10 am on a Saturday.

In record time, which is to say almost an hour later, I'm arriving at work. The day is so hot that I decide to just wear cropped, jeans and a light jacket over it. And the sunglasses to hide my hangover eyes.

As soon as I arrive, I see Hae In and the foreman talking animatedly, but there's something wrong with his expression. Hae looks anxious.

"Good morning, sorry for the delay." I clear my throat and force a smile.

"We just arrived, but I'll have to apologize." My heart speeds up just hearing him saying us.

"What do you mean?" I shake my head confused.

"I was to pick up some family members at the airport and I had forgotten." He looks at me with real sincerity in his eyes. "A thousand pardons, Jennie, please."

"Right, but then..."

"I managed to make the reservation that you..." Jisoo's voice makes me freeze again. I can't believe I'm hungover, at risk of reeking of booze, for the second time I'm doing business with her. "Good morning, Miss Kim." the indifferent and automatic voice is like a stab in my chest.

"Good Morning." I say softly without looking at her.

"Soo, sorry about that. I hope you two enjoy lunch on my own, to try to make up for some of my confusion." He gives me a quick hug and goes to Jisoo, hugging her for longer than necessary. "Is our dinner confirmed?"

"Of course, don't worry, go get your family." She laughs softly and he kisses her on the cheek, making me roll my eyes. Minutes later, the foreman leaves us on the building floor and leaves. I curse Kai mentally.

After half an hour, the tiredness of the few hours of sleep begins to show signs. It takes a lot of effort not to yawn, but there comes a point where I can't hold back anymore and I end up yawning.

"Some things never change." Jisoo says without looking at me. I knew that sooner or later she would say something.

"Today should be my day off." I cross my arms, looking out the window.

"Some things never change." she repeats and I take a deep breath, turning to her. "Tequila." that look of superiority that made me boil with anger and, unfortunately, with lust.

"That applies to you too."

"Excuse me?" She approaches me and I can see the anger and hurt, both alive in her eyes.

"You always think you're bigger and better than anyone else. Your ego, your pride, your superiority." I change the tone of voice and she raises an eyebrow.

"You're right." she says and this was not something I expected "It was my superiority that caused my end, it was my stubbornness that led me to the destruction you caused me!" She points her finger at me and my gaze drops to her mouth.

"I thought things would be different, but here I'm feeling the same thing I felt when I saw you for the first time." I say without looking away and get closer to her.

"What?" she says irritated. Jisoo nervous is so hot.

"You'll remember." I put both hands on her face and kiss her.