w i c k e d

Gally and Frypan arrived in the Afterlife this morning.

It makes me wonder who was left in the world. Were they the last ones? Or is everything completely gone?

Gally and Frypan sat at the breakfast table with Newt, Minho, Alby and I. Forgetting that Gally and Frypan had just arrived not knowing anything, I explained to everyone what had happened with Paul and Brenda last night.

"Paul is such a slinthead," Minho assured me. "Brenda, too."

"I never liked that shuckface Brenda, anyway." Frypan chuckled. "I knew she was bad news."

"Hold up, hold up," snapped Gally, raising his eyebrows, "Newt and Thomas are together? Since when?"

"You talk about us like we're not bloody sitting right in front of you," Newt says, picking at his breakfast, sounding bored.

"Gally," Alby elbows him in the arm. "I already told you about Newt and Thomas earlier, don't you remember?"

"You didn't tell me klunk-" Gally starts to growl, but is interrupted by a panicking Teresa, running up to our table.

"You have to hear this," she gasped, out of breath from running. "We have to leave this place. It's not safe."

Newt and I exchanged a confused glance.

"What are you talking about? Hey, calm down." I say to her, resting my hand on her shaking shoulder.

"This is no Heaven, Tom. It's anything but that. I know . . I know that there is a way out. I don't know the way, but I know that there is one. The longer we stay, the more endangered we become."

"Teresa," Newt drawls, his accent wavering. "Sit down . . Explain to us."

Teresa pulls out a chair and sits down frantically. "Earlier this morning, I went for a walk. I overheard two of the Afterlife's guards talking about . ." She stopped, shaking her head.

"About what?!" Newt pressed on, "Talking about what?"

"Talking about WICKED. They said there was only a few days left. I don't understand . . That's all I heard before they caught me listening and took me back home."

{A/N: Sorry for the lack of updates! This chapter was a small one, so I'm updating twice/three times tomorrow. I never edited this yet, so feel free to correct my grammar/spelling in the comments! I love you all tysm for reading!}