t e r e s a

"You've barley been talking to me," says Teresa, a slight grin on her lips. "Since you've been spending all of your time with Newt."
"No I haven't . ." I say, but Teresa sees right through my lies.
"You have," she says, "is there a reason?"
"No, I just missed him, that's all, okay?" I said, suddenly feeling defensive. "I missed you too, Teresa."
"I thought you hated me." She mumbled.
"No, of course not," I said, a little too loudly. "I want you to know that I know you sacrificed your life to save mine, and for that I am forever grateful."
Then Teresa smiled a little, and reached in her pocket. She tossed a long, siver chain at me that had the words 'HOPE,' ungraved on it in little letters.
"A little girly, don't you think?" I grinned, looking at the chain.
"I found it during The Scorch Trials," she says, "I wanted to give it to you. You don't have to keep it . . It's dumb . . I just thought . ."
"It's not dumb," I say, tucking it into my pocket. "It's great. Thank you."
-
That night, everyone got together. The gladers, from group A and group B, and any other people that wanted to join.
Mostly, everyone just talked, danced, sang, and laughed.
I was sitting in a circle with Ben, Teresa, Winston, Alby, Zart, Adam, and Newt.
"Let's play a game," Teresa said, "just talking is getting boring."
"Yeah," everyone agreed.
"We'll play truth or dare." She said. "I'll start."
She bit her lip and then her eyes landed on Alby. "Truth or dare?" She asked.
"Truth," Alby said, looking nervous.
"Have you ever . . No, wait. What's the biggest rule you've ever broken at the Glade?"
Alby sighed and rubbed his hands together. "Um, never hurt another Glader . ." He said.
"Oooh, who?" Teresa asked, but Alby shook his head.
"You're only allowed to ask me one question."
"Right."

The game went on for a while, and we discovered lots of . . weird things about each other.
It was back to Teresa, and this time, she looked at me.
"Thomas," she smirked, "truth or dare?"
"Dare," I said, instantly regretting it.
"I dare you to kiss the person on your left."
I slowly turned to my left, only to see Newt sitting there, awkwardly starring at the ground.
"Um, actually, I pick truth." I say, shaking my head.
"You can't change it!" Winston laughs, and Ben laughs, too.
"I'm afraid they're right . ." Teresa says, "but I'll make an exception."
Oh, shuck.
"So, truth, right, Thomas?" Teresa smirks once again. "If you had to pick one person in this circle, who would you kiss?"
I looked around the circle of Gladers. Teresa was setting me up. I could just say Teresa, since it's eaiser than admiting to everyone that I'd like to kiss a guy . . Especially Newt.
"Or just tell us who you like most out of everyone in the circle." Ben says, trying to be helpful.
"I can't," I say finally.
"Then kiss Newt," Zart says annoyed, surprising me. Teresa nods.
I look at Newt again, and this time he's looking back at me. Newt sighs. "It's just for fun, Tommy. Doesn't mean klunk." I could feel my heart thumping as I leaned in closer to Newt. I could smell the scent of chocolate and honey dancing on his breath.
I closed my eyes slowly, and then our lips collided. We moved our mouths together in motion. His lips were soft, and our kiss was quick. I found myself not wanting to pull away, but I did.
All of the other gladers were looking at us when we pulled away. Adam was the first one to speak.
"I'll go next," he said, "ask me truth or dare."