m e e t m e

That night I went to bed without speaking to Newt or Teresa.
We all have our own seperate little houses that we can sleep in; but they all look the same.

The next morning I rolled out of bed and looked out my window. The sun was shining, the streets were busy with people walking around, like always. Everything seemed normal, but inside of me something felt different. Then I remembered. I kissed Newt.
I shouldn't be dwelling on it; even Newt said it didn't mean anything. But maybe that's why I feel so strange. Maybe I wanted it to mean something.
My thoughts were interupted by the sound of my stomach growling in hunger, so I threw on my clean clothes and went out the door.

Everyone was gathered together under a small tent. Some people who I didn't know were making breakfast for everyone else.
The smell of bacon spread throughout the air, making my stomach growl even more.
I walked up to the table where the food was, piling some bacon, eggs, and toast onto my plate, then I went to sit at one of the many white tables that were spread acround under the tent.
The food made my mouth water, and I realized how long it had been since I had eaten. The toast was too dry and the bacon was burnt, but I savored every bite.
Everything seemed at peace.
Until she sat down beside me.
"Hi, Tom." Teresa said, biting into her toast.
"Don't talk to me," I say, turning away from her.
"C'mon, you're seriously mad because I made you kiss Newt?" Teresa sighed, putting down her toast, and she moved closer to me. "Tom, I know you like him."
"I don't like him!" I raised my voice and she flinched. "Even if I did, who gives you the right to force me to kiss him?"
"I didn't force you to do anything. I gave you an option of a truth, and you took the dare." Teresa rested her hand on my shoulder. "Listen, I'm sorry if I made things awkward, I'm sorry if I hurt you or something, but I want you to know that it's perfectly fine if you like Newt. You can tell me anything."
"Okay," I sighed, turning to face her. I felt like I could trust her again, especially since we got a new start up here in the Heaven.
"I don't know how I feel," I told her, "it's like, when I'm around him, I feel so . . different. I feel happier, and I keep wanting him to touch me . ."
Teresa just smirked.
"Oh god, no. No, not like that . . I mean I want him to hold my hand . . I sound so stupid." I buriedmy face in my hands, embarassed.
"No you don't, it's cute," Teresa laughed and gently patted me on the back. "You can't let this keep haunting you, you have to talk to him about it."
"No shuckin' way!" I yelled, not meaning to be so loud. "He doesn't even know that I- I'm . . I'm . ."
"He doesn't know that you're gay?" Teresa asked, sounding casual.
"Yeah, that." I breathe, glad I didn't have to say it.
"That's okay. Just talk to him. Newt will understand, Tom. He's your best friend."
"Okay."
Then, out of the corner of my eye, I seen someone sit beside me. I looked at Teresa, who was grinning, and then at the person beside me.
Newt.
"Speak of the devil," laughed Teresa, standing up to leave. "I guess I shouldn't use that expression in Heaven, huh?" Then she left, and I was alone with Newt,
"Mornin', Tommy." He said, taking a bite of his bacon, then spitting it out. "This is klunk! Wish Frypan was here to cook us somethin' edible."
"Yeah," I agreed quietly.
"Somethin' bothering you, Tommy? You're awfully quiet."
"No way," I faked a grin. "Just . . Lot's on my mind."
"Like what?"
"Everything." I breathed, then it was quiet.
"Newt," I said, "Will you meet me later? At my house, or something? I really need to talk to you."
"Of course . ." Newt said, sounding confused. "You sure you're okay?"
"I'm fine, yeah. Just remember to meet me." Then I stood up and walked away.