l i e s

"Before we start the search," Paul declared, fiddling with his belt full of weapons, "explain to me exactly how your friend, what's his name again? Oh, yes, Alby . . had disappeared."

"It was in that cave that you showed me a long time ago," I explained. "Alby was sitting in there, he just kept talking like a crazy Shank, and said he was waiting for something."

"Then some glowing, blue portal shows up!" Ben shouts out from the crowd of Gladers. "A man came out, and Alby disappeared right through it with him!"

"A portal?" Paul's voice wavered uneasily. "By any chance, was the man who took Alby away wearing the letters W-C-K-D?"

I remembered the strange man's white lab coat, those exact letters embroidered on it.

"Yes," I answered. "That stands for WICKED . ."

"Oh, hell. This again!" Paul groaned. "Those people!"

"Those people? WICKED?" I raised my eyebrows suspiciously. "You sound awfully familiar with them. I thought you didn't know anything about WICKED until I told you . ."

"Yeah, well. I lied." Paul said quickly. "But you still need my help, and we better get going now."

I was confused as hell, and a little angry, but I knew we needed his help if we wanted to find Alby. I reminded myself how important this was to Newt, and my ambition got stronger.

{ A/N Sorry it's so short! This part was important to the story. Please don't worry - there will be many more newtmas moments up ahead hahah :) I won't be able to update for a few days due to easter break :) Love you guys!! )