[16] The Great Queen || Mosaic of Us

Summer [Friday 29th June] - Third Year of High School

Dedicated to @marialovesfanfics for all her sweet comments and votes! They made my day while I was having a tough week, and motivated me to work hard on finishing this chapter.

Author's Note: Thank you for all your patience! I've been so motivated reading all your comments and votes lately that I managed to quickly finish up this next chapter. Lots of background and character building, but I promise it'll all come into play later!

Is this chapter an excuse to bring in Mama Oikawa and our badass baby Takeru? Yes. #stanMamaOikawa #Takeruourlordandsaviour

On a side note, please enjoy this amazing manga panel of Mama Oikawa (apologising for accidentally washing a treasured autograph of baby Tooru's) that I found. We are truly blessed for any scraps of Mama Oikawa content.

Okay now back to the main event

Okay now back to the main event. Enjoy :3

═══════♛═══════

CONFRONTATION HAS AND always will be a universal necessity. Some despise it, others fear it. Progress has always been spurred by the hierarchy of requirements - a fundamental need for survival.

Conflict is what turns the gears of time.

Would we have half the luxuries we have now, if it were not for a confrontation? Peacetime, harmony and the renaissance inspired art and music but wartime, revolutions and the crusade gave the world reason.

How could you ever hope to change anything if you don't address the crux of the issue? Something they don't tell you is that when you do decide upon confrontation, you may find yourself walking the thin thread between restoration and destruction.

I stood on that line today, wavering between the two ends of the same spectrum.

I feared both possibilities equally.

The front door swung open and I felt a strange sense of relief flood through my tensed body - quickly followed by panic. Kind hazel eyes blinked in surprise at me, before crinkling into crescents above a beautiful smile.

'Good afternoon, Mrs Oikawa,' I greeted politely, bowing deeply. 'How are - '

'Goodness gracious, child. How many times have I told you? You don't need to knock. This is practically your home. Just come in. You know where the spare key is. And what did I say over the phone last week? Call me Okaa-san. We both know it's only a matter of time.'

She wasn't wrong. Everything is theoretically a matter of timing. Restoration or destruction - both possibilities loomed threateningly over my near future.