[12] The Great Queen || Lonely or Loved

Summer [June] - Third Year of High School

Continued from Chapter 11

COSMIC LOVE

0:00 ━|━━━━━━━ 4:15

⇄ ◃◃    Ⅱ    ▹▹ ↻

✧ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✧

A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart

And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness,
So darkness I became

I took the stars from our eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

🎶

═══════♛═══════

THEY SAY THAT when you're in love, you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams.

All I wanted to do right now was to fall asleep and never wake up. But no matter how heavy my eyelids became, the thoughts that weighed on my mind were heavier.

So was I still in love?

In the tranquillity that the night brings, the whispering voices that lurked in the cloudy recesses of my mind during the day shifted, and manifested into fearsome monsters - jungle green with jealousy, dark with doubt, fiery crimson with fury and blue with desolation and despair. They stood over me, their overbearing presence suffocating in this small bedroom.

At least they kept me company in my misery, which is more than what I could say for the body that lay next to me in this cold bed.

With a deep breath, I slid out from under the possessive arm that was wrapped around my waist.

It was difficult to slip away, but even harder to stay.

Guided by muscle memory built over years, I stole out the window and carefully made my way up to the rooftop under the cover of darkness. The wet clay tiles were cold to the touch, but their stability under my fingertips was welcome in my state of delirium.

In the open air, the shadows standing over me morphed into something more comforting - a velvet blanket interwoven with stars that glittered like crystallised sugar spilled on a marble bench top. Each light twinkled softly, holding the secrets of a million other galaxies just out of my reach.

The cool breeze caressed my cheek, playfully tugging my tousled hair. The world shuddered with the howling wind, trees rustling and houses creaking. And yet, the constellations above remained unaffected and unyielding. They'd witnessed a millennia of war, humanity, love, hate and everything in between but tonight, they bore witness to the girl who stood on the brink of both.