[19] The Great Queen || Sugar Angel (feat. K.F.)

Author's Note: AHHH I'M GOING TO CRY! WE HIT 30K READS EVERYONE!!! For the last few weeks, I was watching the numbers climb higher and higher and hurrying to finish this chapter as a special thank you! In the wider scheme of things, 30k is nothing in comparison to the stories that rack up millions of reads so easily but to me, this is a massive achievement. This story is a labour of love, and I'm extremely grateful for every reader that takes the time to enjoy my work.

To celebrate, I also started a Tiktok (same username) where I'll be sharing some random bits and pieces, from sneak peeks to some of my thoughts and character aesthetics. I can't Tiktok for the life of me, but here goes nothing!

I hope you're safe and well during these extremely difficult times. With everything going on in the world, you deserve an escape from reality. So please relax, have a cup of tea and happy reading! I'd love to hear your thoughts (mainly about our iron wall boy Kenji and my new fave Daisukeeeeeee)!

- Arenelle xx

Dedicated to @DA3_DAE_CH4N for her hilarious commentary. Sorry babe, no Hajime in this chapter but I think you'll enjoy these boys just as much ;)

。・:*:・゚☆,。・:*:・゚☆ ♛。・:*:・゚☆,。・:*:・゚☆

Summer [Saturday 30 June] - Third Year of High School

═══════♛═══════

IN TIMES OF uncertainty, the familiar soothes your tumultuous soul

IN TIMES OF uncertainty, the familiar soothes your tumultuous soul. In times of chaos, the ordinary can bring you comfort. In times of doubt, the mundane will give you peace.

Or at least, that was my hope. It was grasping at straws, but what else could I do? Time will continue to tick by, even if you refused to move. I was still that same pathetic girl, clutching Daichi's shirt with bloodied knuckles and the fractured fragments of my reality at my bare feet. How could I move forward, when they littered the ground in every direction and with every step I dare take, they pierced not only my soles, but my very soul?

And for all my bravado, I was getting increasingly desperate to find my way back to the normalcy that had pervaded me since that godforsaken day everything came crashing down, like the pouring rain that had drenched me from head to toe the day after.

Autopilot became my saving grace, limbs on cruise control and body blindly following routine whilst my mind was miles away. But could it even be called routine if everything was all out of order?

In order, I sought repose. But if I was honest to myself, I had found the miraculous in the mundane once, and was trying to strike gold twice.