[11] The Great Queen || Greater Evil

Summer [June] - Third Year of High School

REMEMBER THAT NIGHT - SARA KEYS

0:00 ━|━━━━━━━ 3:47

⇄ ◃◃    Ⅱ    ▹▹ ↻

✧ ☆ ☆ ☆ ✧

The day after you said goodbye

All I did was lay in bed and cryBut after one month, I started to move onAnd after two, I felt alrightThen three months in, you were off my mind

And month four and five, I was living my life

I was better and didn't have to tryNot to think of you, until you reached out

And said, "Remember that night?"

We went for a drive, 2:30 in the morning

I kissed you, it was pouring

We held each other tight

🎶
═══════♛══════

'PLEASE DON'T LEAVE me.'

His whispered words came out as airy as a wisp of mist, but in the ear-splitting silence of my dark bedroom, it was louder than thunder.

How could I leave?

How could I possibly turn my back on the one I loved the most in the universe?

How could I deny my own heart?

How could I?

It was unfathomable. Especially now, when he clung onto me like he couldn't bear the mere thought of letting me go. His woeful cries were like tendrils that wove their way through the walls I'd built and wrapped themselves around my miserable heart, killing me slowly.

I would have cried just as hard, if not harder if only my tear ducts weren't already dry - if only I hadn't spent all of last night staining this same pillow we currently laid our heads on with black mascara, silver tears and the shattered pieces of a delusion.

Every time I managed to drift off from pure exhaustion to that dark sanctuary which promised peace, I'd woken up seconds later covered in a cold sweat and gasping for air.

But the nightmare never ended.

My tears refused to join his but I knew that as soon as he left my arms, they'd pour like the raging summer rains outside my window.

My gaze drifted outside, following a single crystal droplet as it slowly trickled down the glass window pane. There was no need to cry when the setting sun and the weeping sky did so for me.

I suppose raindrops never know quite where they'll land. They can only faithfully free fall. And even if they come from the same rain cloud, raindrops never fall together.

 And even if they come from the same rain cloud, raindrops never fall together