[25] The Great Queen || Soda Pop (feat. Y.T.)

Summer [Monday 2 July] - Third Year of High School

Dedicated to @shinobuchan13319 for being a sweetheart and consistently checking in on me while I was on hiatus 💕
═══════♛═══════

IF THERE'S ONE thing I've learnt in my short years, it's to never underestimate a woman. Least of all, a nosy one.

'How on earth do you find out all these things so quickly?' I warily asked, unsure if I should be worried or impressed. Maybe a bit of both. After today's events, I wasn't sure how much more my poor heart could handle.

As if the morning's events, dealing (or rather, not dealing) with Hajime and a full day of back to back exams hadn't wrecked my nerves enough, the living daylights were scared out of me when the door to the council room unceremoniously flung open, bare seconds after I had closed the door behind me.

Johzenji's President strutted in without shame, flashing her blindingly white smile at my confused figure crumpled on the floor. She wasn't hard to recognise - not many people could pull off blush pink waves with Johzenji's peculiar olive green and blue combination. What was hard to recognise was her place in the high school hierarchy. Decked out in probably every piece of gold jewellery and diamanté possible, with a olive-green jumper knotted around her waist and a tiny black pleated skirt hiked up to high heavens exposing her long slim legs, it wouldn't be hard to misjudge her as a delinquent skipping detention. The full face of glittery makeup and butterfly clips didn't exactly scream 'Student Council President.' Yet here we were.

'How haven't you been dress-coded,' was all I could utter, poking my head around her to see a crowd of Seijoh students staring in awe from the hallway. A few boys were still holding soccer balls and bows, no doubt having blindly followed her from archery practice in the schoolyard. I couldn't blame them - no matter where she was or the season, Airi was like a cold glass of fresh pink lemonade on a hot summer's day. She was sweet and bubbly, with golden eyes that made you feel like you had bubbles bursting in your chest. Whether the bursting part was a good or bad thing, was something else altogether.

'You can't dress code the one doing the dress coding silly,' she had giggled, offering me a hand up

'You can't dress code the one doing the dress coding silly,' she had giggled, offering me a hand up. I could only stare at her new hot pink manicure and golden rings in bewilderment. Next thing I knew, she had hooked her arm with mine and whisked me out of Seijoh.

There was little that phased her pretty smile, and she appeared utterly unperturbed by the small crowd that followed us out the school gates.

Even now, Airi shrugged, checking her reflection in a shiny compact mirror.