Biggest Threat

C H A P T E R       T W E N T Y  T W O

Ace had me pull into a roadside service station where he bought a burner phone and changed cars.

He took back control of the drivers seat and after a few miles of driving he pulled into an off-road woodland area.

"Stay here." He demanded before stepping out of the car. He opened the trunk and I climbed out, joining him to see what was in the trunk. He gave me a disapproving look but I ignored it and just watched him rummage through someone's suitcase.

He took out some navy sweat pants and a plain marl grey T-shirt and a hoodie, then dumped the case on the road side and closed the trunk. He bent down and pulled off the number plate.

"I'm hungry Ace, where are we going?" I groaned, leaning back against the red Audi. He ignored me, just offered me a five second glance with his piercing blue eyes.

"Get back in." His tone was demanding and dominant. He grabbed my arm and pulled me round to the car, once again pushing me in forcefully before getting in himself. He hooked his burner phone up to the car speaker and started driving again.

"Boss?" A voice said on the other end.

"Barney, I'm in the car and I'm not alone." He glanced my way and I rolled my eyes. "I'm heading to my Northbrooke location and I'm going to need decoys all around the area and situated in the hotel.

The attack didn't go as planned, we took down twenty five percent of their men but I got shot," he glanced at me again before uttering "twice" between gritted teeth. I smiled at him coyly.

"I escaped but they retaliated, followed me to Willa Atkinsons apartment and they're gonna keep coming until I agree to give them the package."

"You need medical at Northbrooke, sir?" Ace glanced at me again, hesitating to answer.

"No. It's taken care of Barney." I smirked at him and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Need you to look into something for me." He continued, keeping his concentration on the road.

"Anything Boss." I grunted at his kiss ass attitude and Ace raised his eyebrows at me.

"Willa Atkinson is not who she says she is and the background check is too clean. I'm giving you DNA samples, finger prints, hair follicles, blood anything that you need to find out who the fuck she is.

Pull up all of the CCTV around her apartment area from the past month, find out where she goes and who she meets in her spare time. There's a tracker in her neck, barcode 777333. Pull up all the locations she's ever been since I put it in.

Go through all of the cameras and audio from the club since her arrival. Threaten Toni and that blonde chick she's often seen talking to. Permission to kill them for information. I don't care what you do, just find out."