Games

C H A P T E R      F I F T Y

C H A P T E R F I F T Y

"Gabriella! Gabriella! Gabri-" My eyes shot open and Graces little face was frowning at me aggressively. I smiled at her, suddenly feeling very nervous. "Where's my daddy?" She asked, clutching her bunny in her hand.

"He needed to work sweetheart, he asked if I could bring you here." She looked around my room, I did too. Then she hugged her bunny tighter, clearly feeling uncomfortable.

"Where is here?"

"My house." I answered enthusiastically. "There's lots of cool, fun stuff to do here. You like swimming? We have a pool."

"No."

"Oh." I chewed my lip. "You like movies right? We have a movie theatre room."

"No, the movie theatres are too loud."

"Hm." This was harder than I thought. How do we entertain a five year old when we don't have any toys or games. She started fiddling with the ears on her bunny. "You like makeup?"

"Yes." She smiled and I relaxed.

"Amazing! I have a whole bunch of makeup and a house full of boys dying for makeovers! You don't mind making some boys look pretty, right?"  She giggled.

"No silly, I do daddy's makeup all the time."

My face illuminated in the most obvious way.

"You do?"

"Uh huh! His nails too and when we play hairdresser he lets me put bows in his hair and clip ear rings to his ears."

"Grace, that is so fucking amazing. I need to see that someday, okay?" She nodded.

"So fucking amazing, okay."

I stood up from the bed and held my hand out for her to take and she didn't hesitate, bringing her bunny along too of course.

Gracie was in awe of the safe house, she kept asking if we were rich. I guess Ace didn't flash his worth around her.

I introduced her to the family at breakfast, she clung to my waist hiding with shyness at first but Angelo cracked the jokes and she soon came out of her shell, warming up to him quickly.

Some of these men had children themselves, they knew how to talk to her and what to play. In fact, I was the most ridged and fearful around her, not that she ever noticed.

I glanced at Grace. She was giggling her little ass off at the idiot men who paraded around in her fashion show. She had planned to make them do a whole dance show for our staff and was teaching them the steps.

"Gabriella, c'mon!" Grace shouted. I forced a smile onto my face and bounced over to them. Letting her paint my face too. She concentrated so hard and my makeup still looked like shit.