Undeniable Attraction

C H A P T E R    T H I R T Y      O N E

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y O N E

Our life was a hot mess.

My brothers floated around the safe house like lost ghouls. My fathers absence really rattled them up and nobody knew how to combat that.

Antonio called daily meetings where he asked our men for ideas instead of instructing them with a secure, set-in-stone plan.

It would seem I misjudged his ability to lead but in his defence he got thrown into the deep end.

Ace was holding my father hostage, we didn't know where. Nikolai planned to double cross us once we helped him kill Ace and Ace had taken a personal dislike towards the Valentino's. Probably because of me.

It was chaos.

"You're going to lose men to the other factions." I observed after another one of his failed meetings. "You're barely keeping this family together."

"Shut it Willa, I wasn't ready for this so soon. I don't need you on my case."

He was crumbling under pressure and I was bitterly disappointed in him.

"Antonio, you're the heir. Every moment of your life has been spent leading up to this. You're just letting your lack of confidence fuel your ruling." He rubbed his temples and looked down at the Taurus PT111 resting on the table.

"What can I do Willa? We've launched several attacks on the warehouse, he is not keeping our father there and our men are dropping like flies. For all we know, Ace has already killed him."  

"The answer lies with the package, he's willing to protect that thing with his life, his soul and his dignity. We take the package and we hold it over him until we get our father back."

"What is in the package?"

"I don't know."

"Where is he keeping the package?"

"I don't know."

"How are we going to get it?"

"I don't know."

He sighed out my name.

"I want father back before the ball, I don't care about the package, I can't go in there and talk business with every faction. We just need our leader back."

___

I got in my car and just drove with no plan and no clue where I was headed. I needed to clear my head, think rationally and the countless mafia men invading the safe house was getting on my nerves.

I couldn't count how many times I had been propositioned for sex. I didn't want to fuck any of them, not when they couldn't compare to Ace.

The last time with him really was the last time, I hadn't seen or spoken to Ace in a week.