Reader x Tomoyo Daidouji (Cardcaptor Sakura)

"Uh, Daidouji-san, are you sure this is okay?"

The quiet girl waits beyond the curtain in front of you. You tug and pull of the fabric surrounding your body, a piece of clothing custom made by Tomoyo for you. "Don't worry. I think you'll look wonderful!" Looking wonderful and being willing to show that to other people are two different issues, but this is your fault in the first place. When Tomoyo came to you after class and asked you to help her with something, you leapt at the chance like a hungry dog.

Tomoyo is the angel of your school. Long black hair, pale skin, kind, pretty, and she's one of the key members of the choir club. Everyone wants to be her friend, at least so they can come and gawk at her huge mansion of a home. She's a rich girl amongst rich girls, on a step higher than everyone else at your high-class school.

The clothing in question is rather... eccentric. Like a combination of a sailor uniform and something a pop star would wear. A long, elaborately decorated coat, a huge frilly bow around your neck, tight shorts and a frilly white shirt. Tomoyo wasn't shy about her favourite hobbies. Using her video camera and making her own clothes.

You sigh and pull back the curtain. Tomoyo's purple eyes sparkle with inspiration, "You look lovely!" she declares with some kind of long practiced authority. You flinch as she pulls out her handheld recorder and begins to circle you like a shark smelling blood. "I knew you were the right one for this outfit, it's perfect."

"Uh, Daidouji-san, you aren't going to show anyone this right?"

She giggles, "Of course not. I wouldn't do that without your permission. I like to keep recordings of all of my outfits being worn by somebody."

"Who do you normally get to do this?"

"Sakura-chan. But I wanted to try something new this time, I haven't had a boy try them on before!"

"And... did you make this outfit especially for me?"

Tomoyo's pale cheeks gain just a tinge of red colour, "Yes. I always make my clothes with a specific person in mind. When I saw you, I knew that you were the right person for it." An awkward atmosphere has settled in the room. You're both blushing up a storm at the moment, but Tomoyo keeps filming you. You muster the last of your courage and straighten out so she can have a clearer view. Having the attention of the prettiest girl in school is making your head to haywire.

Eventually Tomoyo has her fill and puts the camera down on the table, "Would you like something to eat?"

"Ah, yeah."

You sit down across from her. Only Tomoyo has an entire table and chair setup in her own bedroom of all places. She pours out a cup of tea. You reach out and grab one of the pieces of cake from the platter in the middle, mindful not to get anything on the outfit that Tomoyo had lovingly stitched for you. "You and Kinamoto-san must be very close."

"Yes. We spent a lot of time together. Isn't she lovely?" Tomoyo posits.

"Uh. Sure. But if you asked most of the guys in class, they'd probably choose you over her."

"Why would that be?" she asks, tilting her head to the side. The cascading black strands of her hair shift subtly with the movement.

"I'd say it's because you live in this big house. Everyone wants to see what it's like on the inside."

Tomoyo giggles, "I suppose it would be a curiosity if you don't live here. I'm used to having all of this space. I even have a room for my tape library."

"You have a whole library of this stuff?"

"My mother wanted to use it as a home theatre at first, but then my tapes started taking up more and more space." Sounds like her mother gave up on it pretty quickly. Speaking of Tomoyo's mother, the woman gave you a death glare when she saw you walking into the house with her. You're not dumb, she's being protective.

"I hope your Mom is okay with me being here."

Tomoyo smiles patiently, "She just has my interests in mind. Ever since Auntie passed away, she wants to make sure that nothing happens to anyone else in our family."

You glance at the door, "I get it, but do we really need two bodyguards outside?"

Tomoyo giggles again, "They're part of our family too."

"Okay, I guess. Why did you pick me for this anyway?"

Tomoyo's usually calm demeanour changes subtly, "It's because I thought that you were... cute."

It's your turn to blush, "Cute?"

Tomoyo goes on the defensive, "Oh, I'm sorry! Most of the boys in our class don't want to be cute."

"I don't think they'd mind if it was you saying it," you jest. But you only realize the real meaning of your own words when they've already left your idiot mouth. You just totally outed that you have a crush on her, while she's sitting right in front of you! Silence. It stretches on for a painfully long time. You avert your gaze down to your lap and try to stop yourself from dying of embarrassment.

"You look wonderful..." she whispers.

"Daidouji-san-"

"Would you like to do this again?" she cuts you off suddenly before you can make any more of a fool of yourself.

"Huh?"

Tomoyo stands from her seat and plays with a lock of her hair, "Would you like to model for me again? I can make a new outfit for you." You stare at your classmate for a moment before shaking away the cobwebs and nodding. You're not going to turn down the chance to spend more time with her.

Maybe getting taped by her is a small price to pay for moments like this.