Vampire Reader x Asia Argento (High School DxD) Part 2

True to her word, Rias made it very clear that you weren't sneaking away from them now. Asia's kind words about you had made her realize that it wasn't polite to have you risking your neck to protect her, when she didn't even try to know you like she had. Personally, you preferred to keep out of the way so she didn't have to worry about you; the last thing you need is an emotional attachment getting in the way when something is coming for her.

You retreated to your hidey-hole in the building's back rooms and prepared to meet the challenge with all the enthusiasm of a turkey on Christmas day. You needed to cover as much of your skin as possible. Gloves, long black coat, brimmed hat and glasses, even a damn parasol. You look like an overly-lanky, gothic crossdresser...

And it still isn't going to be enough.

You're just incapable of admitting to yourself that you want this. You spend your entire waking night complaining to internally that you don't know the people you've been assigned to protect. The moment a chance presents itself you can't help but start to fear it. You march back down the stairs and into the main landing, where many members of the club await your arrival. Issei, Kiba, Akeno, Koneko, Asia and Rias all found the time to come out between their devil work and school responsibilities, so you want to humour them a little.

"We found the one guy in the city with a prettier face than yours," Issei jested to Kiba.

Kiba hummed, "Hm. Is this the power of a pure-blooded vampire?"

Rias and Asia close in on your sides and grab one arm each, essentially dragging you out of the door with them. "Now, my dedicated protector, let's spend some quality time together!"

"I think she's overcompensating," Kiba whispers to Issei as the rest of the group falls in line behind you.

"For real," he replies.

Rias and Asia have decided to bring you to the shopping district in town, where most of the fun activities can be found for students their age. You spend the walk trying to adjust to the feeling of not having your full powers. Your vision is burning even through the shaded barrier in front of them, and occasionally you skin escapes from under the confining fabric, causing a dull ache underneath. You can feel your powers waning moment by moment.

Asia is sporting a grin that threatens to split her face in twain, she was really looking forward to this. Rias is more neutral, but as you walk she peppers you with questions about your relationship with her father, what you do in your free time (not much,) and what kind of powers you have. Your first group activity is...

"So in this game, you need to throw the ball at those pins..."

"I know what bowling is," you say, cutting Issei off. Bowling alleys were one of the few places that stayed open late in this city. You'd drop by to get a drink or something to eat from time to time. You've never had the chance to play a game of it, and doing so on your own would make you feel like an even bigger loser than you already are.

These shoes are even more uncomfortable than you thought. You grab a ball and line yourself up behind the red line. You prepare your throw, releasing it at the perfect point to maximize it's velocity. The ball screams down the lane and shattered the entire set of pins in one go with such force that it nearly smashes through the wall behind it.

"Uh, maybe go easy on the vampire strength," Issei whispers.

"Sorry."

You sit down next to Asia, who blushes at your close proximity. Though any prospect of romance is the furthest thing from your mind. Even now, your job instilled paranoia has you scanning the building for any sign of assassins attempting to attack Rias. At least the indoor environment has given you the chance to remove your face-covering accessories. Allowing Koneko and Kiba to see your face fully for the first time.