Reader x Darkness? (Konosuba)

If you like the chapter, remember to follow me!

Dustiness Ford Lalatina. A noble woman of no small renown. Famed for her incredible strength in the face of overwhelming odds. You stand beside her as the entrance to a dark dungeon looms overhead. Her other party members have passed on taking part in this guild mission, leaving her as the sole member of the infamous quartet to attend.

She's ever bit as beautiful as the rumours suggested, her nobles veins on proud display. You and assorted soldiers from the guild have come with, and the number one topic of discussion is how much you'd all like to take her for yourselves.

"She's super-hot," one mage whispers under his breath.

"Have you seen her? I wonder what she looks like under all that armour."

You roll your eyes from the back of the group. Darkness, as she likes to be called, is stood at the head of the mob. She can definitely hear them from there, she quivers in barely restrained anger! But as a graceful and brace crusader she ignores their lecherous comments. She draws her sword and bares it at the open maw of the dungeon, "Forward!"

The men cheer and follow her into the dungeon. Its is an arduous and gruelling journey, fraught with many dangers and traps. Many of the men fall by the wayside as your charge continues, but Darkness stands strong. She tanks many blows that would be fatal to a lesser fighter, so confident in her strength that she doesn't even attempt to strike the enemy down herself.

At least you think so.

At the base of the underground lair, where a lich of great power resides if your final stop. The group of twelve has been whittled down to a mere four. You should have brought more people. The riches inside are great enough for twenty, but the danger is even greater!

You strike down risen skeletons with your blade while Darkness distracts the leader. She endures withering magical attacks with a smile on her face. The other two team members are struggling to hold back the undead tide and retreat from the chamber, "We're in trouble Darkness!"

"Then we must act quickly, strike down the lich before their numbers grow any further!"

You muster up the last of your power and ignite your sword with a technique taught to you by a talented samurai you met on the road, "Burn into nothing!" You charge through Darkness' unflinching guard and slice the beast in twain, leaving nothing but a pile of old bones and cloth. The other skeletons, now robbed of their magical energy soon join him.

"An excellent attack," Darkness smiles, "That evildoer shall not inflict terror upon the innocent anymore."

You take a moment to survey the room for treasure, spotting a valuable looking chest behind the altar, "Even more treasure! We must hurry and take it for ourselves, lest looters make profit from our hard work." You look back to the entranceway, the two men peering into the room now that the dust has settled, "Gather the rest of the party and take everything you can!"

They nod with excited grins and dash back the way you came. There's enough to fill everyone's coffers here, a rarity to be sure. Darkness steps over the scattered bones and unlocks the chest, flipping it open, "This is..."

A blue glow emanates from beneath your feet, you dodge out of the way – but Darkness is not so aware. A magical circle! The lich had left behind a surprise for anyone strong enough to defeat him! It shatters into an intense burst of light and Darkness cries out in pain, falling to her knees. With the circle spent, you rush over and shake her back into consciousness.

"Darkness, are you okay? Your father will skin us alive if anything happens to you..."

Darkness' cheeks are flush with pain. You shake her again, finally getting her attention, "Darkness."

"Yes! I'm fine. It's nothing," as she testified to her healthiness and tries to stand, she cries out in agony.

"Are you okay?"

"N-never better! Such a p-paltry trick c-cannot stop me!"

"You can barely speak."

She shudders with every other word, a bolt of electricity running through her body, "N-No, nothing is a-amiss. Let u-us be away."

"I think you were cursed; we need to see someone about this."

You wrap an arm around Darkness' shoulder and carry her out of the dungeon, this armour is super heavy, she wears this all the time?

---

Darkness, after repeatedly refusing to see an expert to remove the crippling curse from her – finally conceded after being pestered by the entire team. She directed you to a small shop in the middle of town, "Are you sure this is the place?"

"Y-Yes, s-she's a v-very talented m-mage."

You open the door to the jingle of a bell. A beautiful brunette woman tiptoes from around the counter. She gasps when she sees Darkness. "Darkness! What are you doing afflicted with a curse like that? Come here this instant so I can remove it."

Darkness reluctantly takes a seat as the woman's hands begin to glow with magical energy. A minute later and she backs away, happy with her dispelling, "Darkness, that curse was enough to kill a normal person. You shouldn't just neglect your own body like that."

Darkness seems almost infantile as the stranger scolds her. She turns to you and bows her head, "Thank you for bringing her here."

"It is not a concern. Darkness was the spearhead of our mission – it's only right to make sure that she returns home safe."

Darkness cuts in, "It was fine Wiz! In fact – I was enjoying it..." she trails off, but your ear still picks up the meaning of her statement.

"Huh?" You give her a strange look that only flusters her further. Darkness' face goes through a spectrum of emotions, shame, excitement, embarrassment. Her eyes lose focus as she enters a daydream triggered by your reaction.

"D-Don't look at me like that! Such a shameful knight, proud and noble, how could she enjoy such a thing? To be at the mercy of an uncurable curse, weakened and alone in a dungeon with a gang of lonely adventurers!"

"I-I never said anything-"

"You beast! You monster! I've seen the true face of depravity - don't look at me like that!" Darkness falls to her knees.

"Wiz, help me out here."

Wiz sighs and crosses her arms, "Darkness has some... interesting hobbies. You would be best served ignoring her when she becomes infatuated like this."

You jostle as the delusional knight grabs one of your legs, "What are you going to do with me? You know my darkest secrets, are you going to blackmail me? Threaten to tell my father and ruin my life? You menace! If I knew better, I'd strike you down for the good of all women; but I cannot lest my reputation be tarnished!"

You sigh, "I'm not going to do any of that."

She gasps, "Something even worse?!"

"I'm not going to judge you because of what you're... into."

"Please do."

"...But I'm really not going to do any of that."

Wiz smiles with implicit threat, "How noble. Now Darkness – you're scaring away the customers!"

Darkness finally snaps to her senses and climbs to her feet with an awkward cough, "Uh, of course! Let us be away, Wiz has work to do."