Reader x Salem (RWBY)

You knew from the very beginning what Salem, the queen of the Grimm, intended to do with you. Her sickly pale skin, black veins pumping corrupted blood through her body. She looked weak, but she was incredibly powerful. She had fallen in love with you. Not for your strength, your kindness, but for your weakness. She did not need anyone like that anymore.

The door opens, flooding the chamber with light. She's here again – Salem. She walks forth to where you are being kept, an adoring look on her features.

"You will never betray me like he did," she whispers into your captive ears. "And when the end comes, we will die together. But until then..." her hand strokes your cheek, "...I must keep you alive." You look up at her. She's beautiful, just like when you first met her. But you can't reach out and touch her for yourself anymore.

You look back down at your body. Your own skin has long since adopted a similar, undead hue to hers, thanks to the various instruments injected into your body – flooding you with the same corrupting essence that turned her into what she is now. She kisses you, her mouths and lips taste of ash and death.

"A long time ago I told myself that I would never let my heart be taken again, yet here I am kneeling at your feet."

"I'll... never... leave," you gasp. The delirium that has set in during your transformation is all consuming. How many times has she visited you? How many centuries have passed by while she tinkers and tries to give you the same immortality that she does? You do not know, you do not want to know – the wait for your release would only be worsened, burdened by the knowledge of what it has cost you.

"I know," she declares. "I will not allow it. Now rest, the time nears."

Your eyes drift shut. You hope that the next time you awake, it will be in the sunlight with her.

---

(I know it's kind of short. Sorry. I just wanted to do a small scene like this, I might write a longer Salem chapter in the future if you want one.)