Spin the Bottle: Momo (BNHA)

If you like the chapter, remember to follow me!

The peer pressure is too much, and you find the name slipping from between your lips. Mina leans in and turns her head to the side so she can hear you better.

"...Momo."

"Momo! Get your fat butt over here!"

Momo holds a hand to her chest and blushes madly. Mina prances over and drags her by the arms and swaps her with Deku, leaving her on your left side by the end of the couch. The other guys all have a laugh at your expense. They holler and laugh, and some of them encourage you. You have no idea what to say to Momo, this is all a bit of a circus.

"I'm... flattered."

"I'm sorry for putting you on the spot. Mina's always trouble with things like this."

"She's just trying to make everyone happy," Momo smiles, "She's a good friend."

Momo is way above your league. She's a rich girl, for one, and not only is she rich - but she's incredibly beautiful too. She's very polite and refined. Long black hair, big emotive eyes, curvy body. You'd never say that last one to her, she's probably self-conscious enough about it already.

You watch in terror as Mina starts pairing up various people in the circle. Soon enough there's nobody except her who is without a partner. "What about you?" you ask.

"Don't worry about it, I am the overseer!" She flexes her arms and lets out a drunken evil laugh. "And now we move on to the next stage of the game!" Mina pulls out a black top hat filled with pieces of white paper. "When the bottle lands on you, you have to draw a card!"

You share a worried glance with Momo out of the corner of your eye. Mercifully, you avoid the wrath of the bottle for a few rounds. The dares range from the mundane to the... off putting. More games, secrets to be shared, but some of them task the couples with engaging in acts of intimacy. Your heart drops when it lands on you again. Mina rushes over and holds the hat out to you.

"Would you like to?" you offer the task to Momo. Who nods and reaches in, pulling out one of the slips. She unfolds it and reads it out loud.

"Hold hands with your partner." Mina seems almost disappointed with the result, she pouts and blows air from her mouth, her messy hair being blown up by the pressure. You look to Momo, whose cheeks are once again aflame with a red colour. You slide your hands across the fabric and touch fingertips, she jumps at the contact, but eventually lifts her hand up and places it in yours. You intertwine your fingers.

Mina oohs and ahhs the entire time. "Young love!"

The game starts to slow down somewhat, the group more interested in speaking with their partners than amusing Mina's inner matchmaker. With your hands still together, you start to have a lively discussion with Momo about what it's like to be in the top class at the school. You really start to understand some of her passion for the job, she's a real hero!

Mina is getting upset that nobody is playing anymore, you whisper to Momo, "Want to try her hat again?" She nods with a shy smile, stealing it from the table and picking another. Mina hasn't noticed and is wandering off to another part of the party.

"Oh my."

"What's it say?"

You lean closer to her and read it, "Kiss your partner?" Nobody had gotten that one. You steal the hat from her and pick through the rest. "Go into the closet with your partner for seven minutes, show your partner your bedroom... Is Mina trying to... you know?"

Momo sighs, "What a troublemaker. This party was her idea too."

"There's no way they're keeping this hidden, I saw Kaminari taking some selfies earlier."

"I do wonder if they could punish every student in school at once..."

"I thought you were a model student Momo, why did you agree to come?"

Momo places a hand on her chest, "I agreed to attend the party under the impression that it would be a small gathering, it seems I was mistaken!"

"Is anything ever small with Mina? Remember the concert?"

"...Do you think it worked?"

"Hm? What did?"

"Mina's matchmaking game. We're the only two still sat together, except Deku and Uraraka."

"Oh? Is this a roundabout way of asking me out?" Momo's tone is halfway between teasing you and being entirely sincere, "How daring of you."

"It was a dare game, and I'm feeling confident for some reason."

Momo pulls you off the couch and through the crowd, out onto the second-floor balcony. The cold air is a welcome break from the hot fumes generated by a hundred intoxicated students. She leans back against the balcony and pulls you closer into a hug, "Is this enough of an answer?" Your heart pounds, you look down at her and return the hug. She puts her head into your chest, and you stand there, walking on air, for several minutes.

"I always thought you were rather dashing."

"Have you been looking down on me from the top?"

"You're taller than me."

"The top of the school." You step back and grab her hands again. "I'm sure there are better choices than me."

"To be truthful, I have never thought of my classmates that way. Perhaps I see them more as... comrades, or co-workers, and anyway! Who I want to go out with is not based on your class ranking. Never mind the fact that this is the top school in the country – by no means are you mediocre. Dare I say that many would do unspeakable things for the opportunity to attend here..."

You cut her off, "Okay, okay, I get it. I'm just being self-deprecating. I never thought that you'd be into me." Momo worms her way into the palm of your hand and places the paper into it, you look down and read it again.

Kiss your partner.

Your heart thumps harder. You look up to her hopeful eyes and lean in. Your lips meet, ever so briefly, but it feels like an eternity. You wrap your arms around her waist and kiss her again, and again. You just want to keep kissing her forever.

Snap.

Your head jerks back to reality, you release Momo and turn around to find Mina holding up her phone with an ecstatic smile on her face. "Oooooooh! New couple!"

"Mina!"