Reader x Jabami Yumeko (Kakegurui)

"A bet?"

The red eyed girl sat across from you smiles pleasantly and presses the tips of her fingers together, "Yes! A bet!"

Her name is Jabami Yumeko. She transferred to this hellhole school a few months ago and has been running rings around the student council ever since. You were minding your own business, hanging at the lunch table where all the 'cowards' gathered – shorthand for people with enough sense not to play rigged games with the people who run the school...

Until the black-haired beauty decided to crash here and ask you for a game.

"Sorry, I don't do that."

She tilts her head, "You don't? Why are you attending this academy in you don't want to bet?"

"Why else? My rich dad wants me to parachute into a cushy job at some company or political office. All I need to do is study and pass the exams. I'm keeping my head down. I don't want to become someone's pet because I lost at rock paper scissors."

You hold firm. Yumeko sighs, "Ah, that's a shame. We weren't betting money anyway..."

"Oh? What were you planning on using as stakes then?"

Yumeko pouts, "Hm. If you win, I'll be your girlfriend!"

Yumeko, your girlfriend? She's one of the hottest girls in the academy! You sputter, "N-No way, you're messing with me. The others warned me about you."

"Hm? If it's enough to make you gamble I'll give away anything - even my heart," there's a sharp edge to her words that makes you lean on the edge of your seat. Her eyes radiate such a deep intensity and madness that you can't help but hang on every word she says.

"And what do I have to bet?"

"Nothing."

"Nothing? That doesn't seem fair."

Yumeko slides a deck of card from her sleeve and plants them in the middle of the table, "The only thing I care about is playing against everyone in this academy. You're the only person I haven't won against."

"T-The only one?"

She only grows more intense by the second, "Fufu. The student council wasn't much of a challenge at all, even with all of those funny little tricks they tried to pull on me. Since this is the last bet, I thought I'd make it special. Everything on the line, and a straight game of chance to decide the winner." She squirms in her seat, breathing heavily.

"...Fine," you crack. You know full well that you aren't going to win versus Yumeko. As she said, she has beaten everyone there is to beat in the academy. It isn't because of her amazing poker face, in fact it's the total opposite, Yumeko is so off the wall batshit crazy that anyone who plays against her loses their nerve. You've seen Yumeko at her full power before – part of you hopes she doesn't unleash it on you for this 'friendly' game of...

"Blackjack. Highest score wins, best of elven."

The table is cleared and the people who were eating gather around. She always draws a crowd. One of the onlookers is picked as the dealer and forced out of the group. He shuffles the cards and deals two to each of you. This is different than a normal game of Blackjack since you aren't betting or playing versus the dealer, but the principle is the same – risk going high to guarantee the win, or stay safe and hope the opponent busts instead.

Luckily for you, you get 19 on the first deal. The chance of getting anything below three is low, so you stay. Yumeko asks for a third card and settles there. You both turn over your hands, revealing that she only got 18.

The first hand goes to you.

Yumeko visibly squirms in her seat again, her cheeks heating up as the loss bites at her nerves. "Ah! Ah! I'm going to lose! I'm going to get married to this total stranger!" You try your hardest to ignore her mind games.

The second and third hands go against you, with Yumeko taking both. Even though she's taken the lead, she only seems to grow more excited with each card dealt. You take the next round with an easy 21, tying you up at two hands apiece.

"Ha," she exhales, expelling a cloud of steam into the air, "Are you excited?" It's hard to hide the fact that your heart is beating way too fast right now. You grimace and nod. "Hehe, isn't it the best? Putting something on the line, all of it determined by nothing but luck?"

But you aren't putting anything on the line, the only person who stands to lose here is Yumeko. Why would she suggest dating you as a wager if she didn't find the idea unpalatable? A hot girl like her could have any guy she wanted.

The fifth and sixth hands also go to you. Yumeko only grows more intense as her defeat looms large. It's... erotic, really erotic. Each card makes her clench her body and spasm like she is experiencing a full body orgasm. Four/two to you. You only need to win two more hands to take the match.

"Ha... ha... this is the best. I'm behind, there's no way I can catch up now..."

"No way, you've won from worse positions than this."

But then...

You were dealt twenty-one again. The round was over before it started.

Yumeko's face was twisted into a combination of despair, excitement and arousal. "This is it! This is it! The last hand, it's here! I'm going to lose! I'm going to have to dedicate my body and heart to you forever!" Her chest heaves, inhaling deep gulps of the heated air. The crowd is silent.

The cards are dealt. You pick them up and study your options. A weak hand. Fifteen. High enough to be risky, but too low to be safe versus another plater. You have to choose first.

"Another."

A three. Not what you wanted to see. For a moment you find yourself wondering when you became so invested in this game.

"Stay."

You only need one more hand, and Yumeko needs four...

She studies your face and her hand for nearly two minutes. You feel a dribble of cold sweat trail down your head and neck.

"One more," Yumeko declares. She isn't confident in her hand.

Time slows down as that card slides across the table in front of you. This is it, the moment of truth. Yumeko stares, wide-eyed at her hand for a moment. You nearly leap out of your seat as she slips her well pedicured nails under them and flips them face up.

Bust.

A three, a ten and another ten. Yumeko had gone bust, just like that.

You're shocked into complete silence, you won? Against THE Jabami Yumeko? The peace is quickly shattered. The entire crowd goes utterly berserk, yelling and shouting and even throwing things. They just witnessed history, the invincible Yumeko being taken down by someone who sits at the loner table.

In the commotion, you feel a pair of hands grab your arm and drag you through the crowd. When you emerge on the other side, you discover that it's Yumeko. You half expect her to declare the deal void, but instead she gives you a friendly smile, "Mou, I suppose I lost!" The intensity you saw a few moments ago was gone.

"You don't actually have to date me. I was happy to just play..."

She plants one of her fingers on your lips and shakes her head, "No, no, no. We had a deal. I lost, fair and square."

"I didn't bet anything, what's fair about that?"

Yumeko just laughs it off, "Fufu, I have my pride too. You should be a gracious victor and be happy with your prize."

Left with more questions than answers, she takes your hand drags you away from the commotion.