Reader x Gamo (Nagatoro-san)

"Heyo!"

Your ears are caught by a friendly greeting from an unexpected table. The popular kids table, where Nagatoro, Sakura, Yoshi and Gamo usually sit. You're familiar with Gamo. She's a bit of a bitch to some people – but she's always been alright with you. That being said, one of the usual clique is not currently present.

"One of you is missing."

Sakura flops lazily over the back of her chair, "She's hanging out with Senpai-kun."

Gamo throws up her hand in a dismissive manner, "Yeah, they've been getting all lovey-dovey in the art room."

"Lovey-dovey! Lovey-dovey!" Yoshi repeats.

You scratch the back of your head, "Really? I didn't know that he was her type."

"She just wants someone she can push around," Gamo laughs, "He's a total beansprout."

"Beansprout, beansprout!"

Sakura's lips are pursed into a teasing smirk, "Ara, but don't you like a certain someone, Gamo-chan?"

"Hey, shut it!" the brash girl demands with an angry frown.

You're suddenly really curious. Gamo having a crush on someone? You take the empty seat next to Yoshi and lean in, "Is that so? Sounds interesting." Gamo blushes and turns away from the assembled crowd. An uncharacteristic move from the usually domineering girl.

"I'm not saying anything."

You snap your finger, "I bet he's athletic, right?"

Sakura tilts her head, "Hm. Not necessarily. I think she's going to confess soon! We can just wait and see."

"Shut it Sakura, seriously," Gamo insists, "That's something I'm going to do in my own time. I don't need you running that big mouth of yours and spilling the damn beans."

You know that Gamo could realistically get with any guy she wanted. Tall, pretty, stacked, confident. What kind of person would she be interested in though? The conversation soon shifts away from Gamo's love troubles, as even Sakura doesn't want to get pummelled by her for saying too much. You don't really think about it for the rest of the day until you see Nagatoro and Hachioji screwing around in the corridor outside the art club.

What a weird couple.

You descend the stairs and head to your locker. You reach out to unlock it with your key, but your knuckles brush against something that has been lodged into the gap between the door. You unlock it, and grab the paper between the tips of your fingers.

"Meet me behind the gym."

Very blunt. So blunt that you first suspect it of being some kind of weird extortion attempt by one of the school's class clowns. But if they wanted to shake you down for cash, they would have done it in the morning, and they wouldn't ask you to come with them. Curiosity gets the better of you, so you grab your stuff and take a quick walk behind the back of the gym to see what it's all about.

And who else is waiting for you but Gamo-chan.

"Yo, did you see my note?"

"You sent that?"

"I just wanted to have a chat with you, in private." Gamo pushes herself off the wall and approaches you. She's pretty tall for a girl. You become acutely aware of exactly what this is.

"Is this a confession?"

Gamo blushes, just like she did during lunch, "Wha- No! It's not a confession, what kind of dweeby crap is that? I'd never."

"Uh-huh."

"Listen. Why don't we go out? I think you're pretty cool, fun to be around; just to see how things work out. How about it? You get this hot bod all to yourself. It's not a bad deal!" Not a confession your ass. Sensing that she's exposed her soft underbelly to someone at her school, she closes in and pushes you against the wall.

"Okay, I get it," you offer, holding up your hands, "Sure. But why the secrecy?"

"Can you imagine what Sakura and Yoshi would say? I'll never hear the end of it!"

"But... they'll know if we start dating anyway. Nagatoro and Hachioji are flirting in the freaking corridor, you're saying this is worse?"

"Yeah. I guess, but I don't want 'em to see me ask."

But in the end, it took all of one week for the rest of Gamo's friends to catch on.

Sakura knew from the start, judging from the cheshire grin on her face when she spotted you together the next day. Yoshi was... a lot slower on the uptake. Nagatoro also refrained from throwing stones while living inside her glass house. In the end, nobody really cared after a few jabs at her expense.

You weren't really sure how a relationship with Gamo would pan out. For one thing, all of your guy friends thought you were hot shit. You were dating the most intimidating girl in school suddenly. Gamo also turned out to have a much softer side when it came to hanging out with you. She had an image to maintain around her peers, not so much when on a karaoke date with you.

"Hey, how about a double date with Nagatoro and Paisen?"

You look up from your spot on her bed, "There's no way in hell he agrees to do that."

Gamo doesn't seem to think so, she pauses the game she's playing and turns back to face you. "Come on, they said they were official now."

"I'd bet money that he'd refuse. He doesn't want to go on a date with Nagatoro with us around to make fun of him."

"Who says we're gonna' do that?" Gamo chuckles.

"You definitely would."

"You guys are no fun."

You narrow your eyes, "Dump me then." Gamo responds by leaping up onto the bed and crawling over you. Her hair dangles down and tickles the side of your face, "Hey, what's up?" She leans in and kisses you. You stare at her in shock.

"I'm just gonna' push you over the edge."

"I'm not sure I got that the first time, wanna' try again?"

"Gamo, dinner's ready!"

You both freeze, now very aware of your intimate position on the bed. "We should... go eat."

Gamo nods, "Yeah."