Illegal (23) Ring ✓

Illegal (23) Ring

Today is my birthday and we're going to Batangas. Kendra's mother thought that I would just celebrate my debut here because the breeze in Batangas is cold.

I didn't refuse as well because I want to enjoy my birthday. I don't want to think about what Kirk and I talked about just the other day.

I can't get him out of my mind.

"She needs me too, Cassandra."

Based from what he said, it seems like he prefers her more than me. I should have listened to what Kendra said to me last time, that I should just let him go.

I wish I hadn’t chased him.

Whenever I'm thinking what happened that time, I can't help but be disappointed.

When he left my room, I threw my belongings on my table one by one. Even my valuable things were thrown away due to extreme frustration.

When I caught my breath, I quickly left my room and chased after Kirk. I saw him coming out of our gate when I quickly grabbed his hand and hugged him tightly.

"Please... d-don't leave me. It's okay for me to share up your time but don't leave me." He just hugged me back so I cried even more.

I'm getting weak whenever he's beside me.

Whenever I'm around him, I'm getting fragile. Even if I just open the bottle, it feels like I'm going to have him do it.

He pushed me slightly and he looked straight in my eyes. He cupped my face using both his hands then he kissed me in my forehead, "I'm sorry Cassy but I can't leaver her. I can't divide my time--"

"Why? I thought she's your ex girlfriend but why is she with you until now? You're dating me, aren't you?"

I felt that my face heated up.

"Y-yeah. I'm courting you... before but it's different now, Cassandra. Rowela needs me more than you do."

He removed my hand that is holding his waist and smiled at me, "Goodbye, Cassandra. Take care of Kissy."

He started to walk away.

Walk away from my life.

I shook my head when I remembered that again. I shouldn't have remember that! I was ashamed of myself because I begged him not to leave me in exchange for Rowela and I sharing his time.

"Y-yeah. I'm courting you... before but it's different now, Cassandra. Rowela needs me more than you do."

What could have happened? He pursued me before... he tried to pretend to be mom's boyfriend but why does he seem to throw away everything he worked for?

"Hey, it's your birthday today. Don't think about him anymore, Cassy."

I just nodded at what Kendra said and we went straight inside the rest house. All my friends are here as well as Kendra’s parents. They're the one who organized this so I'm very grateful to them.             

I heard the loud music when I entered the room for our friends, Mikiel and Leed are currently playing ps4 as I noticed them.

"Hey! Stop playing, the birthday girl is here."

The two stopped playing and rushed at me, "I know how many times I've said this but Happy Birthday again Cassandra!"

I just stared at Leed for what he said and took the paperbag that's supposed to be for me. Mikiel did the same and I put their gifts on the table.

I looked around the place.

Where is Sceven?

Kendra seemed to have read my brain so she immediately whispered to me, "With mom outside, they're cooking a barbecue."

I just nodded at what she said and went straight there. I searched for the place and I saw him preparing the barbecues. When he saw me, he immediately smiled at me.                 "Hey there beautiful, you want some?"

He offered me a barbecue which I quickly declined. When I got close to him I immediately hugged him.

I felt that he stiffened so I smiled. I'm so thankful that I have him. He never leaves me even though I'm cold this past few days but he knows there are times when I became fragile.

"What's wrong, Sandy?"

I smiled from what he said. I'm really happy when he calls me Sandy, he's the only one who really calls me like that.

"Thank you for coming into my life."

He just smiled when I said that. He messed up my hair so I bit his hand.

I think, I should focus more on Sceven?

He loves me and besides, the person I love loves someone else. I don't know if it's the right term for that but I think he still loves Rowela.

She's so beautiful compare to me. Yes I am beautiful but she is more beautiful than me. She deserve Kirk. Kirk deserves her because they have known each other for a long time and they have been together.

"Give me your hands."

I was surprised by what Sceven said but I still gave my hand. He get something from his pocket and I saw that one box. He opened it and I was even more surprised when I saw it.

Is that really for me?

He took it out of the box and quickly put it on me. I looked at it and it has a big diamond in the middle.

"What is this for?"

I was still staring at it and I couldn't help but be amazed. It’s so beautiful and I can say that I love it. I can buy this for myself but it's different when someone really gives it to you.

"Promise ring..."

I looked at him. I didn’t know what to tell him. He just stared at me and he kisses me on my forehead, "I will take care of you, Cassandra. I'll marry you, I promise."