Chapter 1: The Escape

"S-St-Stop! Pl-Please! I-I don't want to d-die!" I screamed as another needle was inserted into me.

"Oh don't worry." The man with the crooked smile replied. "You won't die.. Today."

The other man seemed preoccupied heating up a stamp of some sort. Oh god. No. The other girls told me about this, this happens when you've been sold.

He chuckled darkly and turned to me, the iron was white-hot.

"Please! I-I-I don't want this!" I could barely see through my tears, everything reduced to blurry figures and colours.

"You don't have a choice." He smirked then pressing it to the side of my back, an agonising scream leaving my mouth. The other man let go of me, dropping me to the cement floor.

"Come on you little harlot." He spat out dragging me by my arm into the warehouse, my whole body weak and limp. I shut my eyes tightly, attempting to kick, and his grip loosened on me. I must've done something right.

I stood up shakily beginning to run out of here. Run out of this hell.

"She's getting away you idiot!" One of the men began chasing after me as I ran shakily, out the doors and into a forest, a gravel path running through the centre, following the path I soon heard a carriage rolling down, I looked over at it, stepping out of the way, when I realised. They can help me.

"Help! Please!" The carriage stopped, a tall Raven-haired man stepping out.

"Come in Milady, we may have a position for you." The man was closing in on me, I quickly and shakily made my way in, sitting across from the man and next to a blue-ish haired boy. He had an eyepatch covering one eye. He looked like a pirate. I stayed quiet, feeling quite tired. He was looking at me curiously. I was sitting in an odd position. Leaning forward, on the edge of my seat. I didn't want to worsen the mark. I looked out of the carriage, trying to see how far away we would go.

"Miss?" The boy asked, causing me to turn my head.

"What?"

"Do you have a name?" I scoffed quietly. Unless Harlot number 69 was my name then no.

"No. Why would I have a name?" He frowned slightly.

"You're a person, if you can't remember then.. You can pick one for yourself."

I paused, I have a choice. I thought for a moment. Names I've heard....

"Jessica." He looked back at me with a forced smile.

"Jessica then? I'm Earl Ciel Phantomhive." The tall man sighed.

"Although you'll be calling him Young Master."

I looked at the man. "Why would I call him that? I know Ciel's name so why shouldn't I call him that?"

"The Young Master is higher up than you."

"Sebastian." Ciel said sternly, so the man's name is Sebastian.

"Young Master?"

"Jessica can call me whatever she'd like. She's a guest at the moment." I was a bit shocked at that, moving a bit closer to him. And something odd happened, he blushed. My heart racing a bit in my chest, forcing myself to look away.

Ciel cleared his throat, looking back at me. "So, um Jessica. Is there anything else you can remember about yourself?"

"I-I'm 14....a-and...That I've been stuck in this warehouse for 7 years.." He looked at me sadly moving a bit towards me.

"I'll take care of you.. I promise.." I blushed further, looking up at him. There lay a genuine smile on his face.

"Y-You will?"

"Of course." We had soon arrived at his place.

" Young Master, Lady Jessica, We're here." Sebastian then opened the door and stepped out, Ciel and I following after, towards a manor. I didn't expect him to be a noble...

"Jessica? Are you coming in?" Ciel asked me with a small smile.

"Y-Yes Just a moment!" I quickly turned around and ran inside, and the manor was beautiful. Paintings and decorated walls.

"Sebastian, Could you show her around?" He asked as he reached the centre of the stairs. Sebastian bowed, kneeling down on one knee.

"Yes, My Lord." As soon as Ciel had left he stood and looked down at me.

"You're Sebastian, Right?" He smiled a fake smile.

"Correct Lady Jessica, We'll start with the Dining Room." I groaned as he began the tour.

--------------

"And this, is the Young Master's study." I looked up at the door, I've already walked the whole manor twice. I was excited and nervous at the same time. Sebastian knocked on the door.

"Come in." Sebastian opened the door allowing me to step in front of him, Ciel instantly looked up from his work, blushing lightly as he looked at me. "J-Jessica! Y-You're here already!" He looked back at Sebastian. "Did she finish her tour?"

"Yes." He replied, Ciel grinned excitedly quickly covering it with a frown. I liked his smile. Why would he hide something like that?

"Could you leave us alone then?" He took a breath.

"Yes my Lord." Sebastian bowed and then swiftly left the room, closing the door behind him. Leaving me alone with a bright red Ciel.

He stood silently for a moment before opening his mouth. "D-Do you want to take a-a seat Lo-Jessica...?" He looked away for a moment blushing brighter, I took a seat across from him and looked at his papers.

"Ciel?" He looked up at me immediately.

"Y-Yes Jessica?"

I smiled lightly for him causing him to put his head in his arms, his ears now also becoming red.

"You're cute when you blush.." I giggled lightly, him burying his face more into his arms. He stayed like that for a few minutes, his hair covering parts of his arm and face. Why did he make me feel this way? All giggly and heart jumping in my chest?

"Jessica.... Sebastian wants you to be a maid and I'm supposed to-to ask you questions.." He moved slightly, his eyes the only thing visible.

"What type of questions?"

"Your background, skills, things like that."

"Ciel.."

"But I don't want you as a maid.." He looked up and straight at me. " I want you as a friend.." I blushed lightly looking at him as I nodded.

"I'd love to be your friend Ciel.." He stood and went towards me, wrapping his arms around the top of my back,

"I'm glad." He whispered quietly, burying his face in my shoulder. I smiled, hugging him back lightly. I lightly placed my head on his shoulder as well, bringing him closer. I wanted him close to me. I wanted to feel his kiss. I wanted to hear him tell me he loves me. Is this what love feels like?

The One Who UnderstandsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara