Syrup

"Young Master, the servants can't see your eye."

"Yes they can, they already know about it."

"Young master! You weren't supposed to-"

"I didn't tell them who, just what."

The argument lasted what seemed like forever while I waited in the hall. I didn't want to interrupt anything, so when the room went quiet I entered and sat next to Ciel.

"Lady Arielle, it seems you are nearly on time today." Sebastian glanced at the pocket watch, shut it, and put it in his pocket.

"Is that good or bad?" I jokingly asked and Sebastian answered with a smile,

"Good. we can almost be on time." he then swiftly turned and left the room, not even saying what's for breakfast.

"That's odd." Ciel whispered as he stared at his plate.

"What is?"

"He didn't say what's for breakfast, and he usually waits right here, and there's a speck of syrup on the plate."

"What's wrong about the syrup?"

He pointed at the tiny drop of brown near the edge, "He never puts syrup on food." He then looked at me and quickly said, "Its not that I don't like syrup it's just-"

"I know, it's just it is odd, do you think it's him again?"

"No, he was carrying a fairly normal conversation earlier with something only Sebastian would know.. but then again, I didn't look at his eyes." He looked up at the ceiling and pouted.

I chuckled, "well, I guess we know what we're doing today."

"I guess so."