Sixteen

"Just one more." Charlize slurred.

"I think you've had enough mamas." Faye laughed. Charlize pouted. "You need some water."

"But I am having so much fuuuun." Charlize smiled as she sunk into the couch further.
"I know, but that's enough shots for tonight." Faye said. "We don't need you throwing up everywhere."

"I feel fiiiiiiine." Charlize waved her off.
"Sure you do. I'll be right back." Faye said standing. Charlize sighed and looked over to the other side of Kellan's living room where he, Stanley, Gabriel, and Cliff were standing and in an excited conversation about something Charlize could not follow. When Stanley had told her earlier that they were going over to Kellan's apartment for the evening, it was nothing like she was expecting. All of her visits to friends homes were always proper and polite gatherings. At Kellan's place, they were acting almost the same as they were that night at the club. There was music blasting, an abundance of alcohol and food, and they played games that involved a lot of drinking. Charlize was having more fun than she had in a long time. She had almost forgotten about how sad she was earlier.

"Hey." Kellan said, getting Charlize's attention. When she glanced up, he was taking a seat beside her on the couch. Drink in one had and his free arm resting on top of the couch behind her.  She smiled at him. She hadn't even noticed the dynamics of the room shifted again. Stanley and Gabriel were no longer in the living room, Cliff was now speaking to Izzy and Glenn who seemed to appear from nowhere. It felt as if everyone was moving faster than her eyes and brain could follow. "Enjoying yourself?" He asked. Charlize nodded, content smile still on her face. "Good." He smiled back.
"Your home is - very lovely." She said glancing out of wall-to-wall window that overlooked the city. She had been in awe since she had entered the building. The aesthetic reminded her very much of her own home. It made sense when Stanley explained that Kellan was one of their more wealthy friends.

"Thank you." He said. "Need a refill?" He asked, nodding to her empty glass on the coffee table in front of them. She shook her head.
"Faye said no - no more."

"Faye is taking away the point of tonight." He handed her the glass that he was holding. Charlize looked at it before meeting his gaze again. She hesitantly took it and took a sip, not even caring what it was. The alcohol burned her throat and made her cough. He chuckled. "You good?"

"No, no. I don't - I don't like this one." She handed the glass back.
"You prefer sweet then huh?" He asked. She nodded. "I got you." Before he stood up, she stopped him.
"I think I maybe should not have more." The elated floating feeling she was feeling earlier was slowly starting to descend into the territory where she was having a hard time keeping herself balanced, even while sitting. She pressed herself further against the couch to try and slow the spinning.

"Okay." Kellan said, sitting back again. He kept his eyes on Charlize. She squinted at him.
"What is it?" She asked.
"Nothing." He shook his head. "When did you say you were leaving again?"

"Whenever Stanley says so." She said.
"That's not what I meant." He chuckled. "I mean back home to Canada?"
"Oh." She laughed. "Right, Canadia."

"What?" He laughed with her.

"Canadia. Home sweet home." She seemed to stare off in the distance as her memories began to pass through her mind. Even blurred, she felt her heart start to ache again. She did not like the feeling. "I don't...soon." She sighed.
"Shame. I feel like we didn't have enough time to hang out together." He said. Charlize seemed to only grasp every other word.

"Together?" She repeated, eyebrows drawing together.
"Yeah. I would actually like to get to know you better." He said. "You seem really cool. And not to mention...I think you are fine as hell." He leaned in a little closer.