Chp. 2

☞︎ 𝑇𝑊 ~ 𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑙𝑜𝑎𝑑

--------------------------

"Everyone meet Tanjiro, do so much as harm a hair on his head you're dead, got that?" Muzan clarified, glaring daggers at the group of upper moon's whom were called into Tanjiro's newly made room.

They all agreed still with their head bowed till Muzan ordered them to rise.

Tanjiro was fidgeting in the demon king's arm, playing with his hair; climbing on his shoulders and all sorts.

He was absolutely restless.

"I want to figure out whom Tanjiro likes most, if it's you you'll be looking after him whilst I'm not here"

Everyone nodded submissively, absolutely stunned by his behaviour but they wouldn't dare question it. "Kokushibou" Muzan stated, handing the boy to the six eyes demon.

"Look like me!" Tanjiro giggled, trying to poke the poor demon's eyes; to which the upper moon responded by holding him at a safe distance from his face.

Tanjiro flailed in the demon's grip and started to get a little more agitated before Kokushibou hastily handed the boy to Daki who was conveniently next to him.

Daki narrowed her eyes in repulsion. Why does this child deserve such good treatment from master Muzan? Why is he so special all of a sudden. It made her angry.

Tanjiro felt the intimidating aura coming from the woman and started to well up in tears, so she handed him grumpily over to Gyokko.

He was a scary looking demon really; two mouths in the places of his eyes, a verticals eye in the middle of his forehead and many unnatural limbs.

Therefore, terrifying the living daylights out of poor Tanjiro.

The now screaming boy was handed to Douma "hey Tanjiro~ don't be sad!" Douma spoke in a sing song voice, chucking Tanjiro up in the air and catching him again to get his mind off crying.

The boy giggled with delight and started to kick his legs happily, trying to reach Douma with his small hands.

Satisfied with the outcome, Douma confidently passed Tanjiro onto Akaza. He was positive he would be the favourite until Tanjiro beamed and wrapped his tiny arms around Akaza's neck, becoming relaxed in the demon's presence almost instantly.

Akaza sent a victorious smirk towards Douma and patted Tanjiro calmly on the back, protectively wrapping his arms around the boy.

"Well that settles it, Akaza will look after Tanjiro while I'm out" Muzan declared, dismissing everyone except for the pink haired demon.

"I'll be sure to take great care of him master" Akaza bowed, the now napping Tanjiro slumbering peacefully in his muscular arms.

Muzan narrowed his glowing slitted eyes and watched Akaza gently rock Tanjiro, soft snores of comfort coming from the boy.

"It's settled, put him to sleep in the daytimes and awake at night so he blends into our pattern" was all Muzan said before disappearing and leaving Akaza by himself.

Akaza let out a sigh or relief once Muzan was gone; his overwhelming presence could get quite draining.

"Aka!" A small voice squeaked, catching the demon's attention as he looked down on Tanjiro whom hadn't been asleep long and was already awake again.

"It's A-ka-za Tanjiro, you'll learn it later so don't worry" he laughed, smiling down on the pure boy as he put him to the floor and started to show him the new toys they had purchased.

Tanjiro waddled over to the demon and let his eyes inquisitively scan the various pieces.

"What about this?" Akaza held up a wooden horse to Tanjiro, however he only took a quick look at the toy before turning his head in dismissal.

"This one?" Now he held a small white ball with yellow flowers dotting it's surface; to which Tanjiro took no interest in.

"Fussy are we... maybe this" Akaza grinned, handing Tanjiro a green and black stuffed rabbit. It was almost the same size of himself and was incredibly fluffy with long floppy ears.

Tanjiro's eyes lit up with amazement as he grabbed the stuffed animal and squeezed it in his arms, giggling while playing with the long ears.

Akaza smiled down on Tanjiro fondly, ruffling his dark hair while he lifted the boy and walked to the door of the room.

"Let's go see the others shall we?" He asked, walking out of the room just as it shifted to be met with all of the moons.

"Tanjiro~" Douma yelled, snatching the boy out of Akaza's hold almost as soon as he walked into the room; Tanjiro beamed and shoved his bunny in Douma's face "look! Fluffy bunny!" Tanjiro giggled, quite proud of his new favourite toy.

"Wow he is very fluffy! Just like your hair!" Douma laughed, stroking the bunny while smiling at the happy Tanjiro.

"Yeah yeah give him back" Akaza groaned, wanting to be the one who made Tanjiro happy.

Douma pouted and put Tanjiro on his shoulders "Tanjiro you wanna go to Akaza?" He asked, tickling the little boy under his chin.

Tanjiro giggled and shook his head; accidentally dropping his bunny on the floor.

"Here you go" Kokushibo picked it up and handed it back to Tanjiro, to which the boy laughed and propelled himself off Douma's shoulders and into Kokushibo's arms.

The demon caught him mid and and sighed "if you fall we're all going to die Tanjiro" he sighed, staring at the little mischievous face.

"Here" he put him on the floor and handed him his own sword; Tanjiro's eyes lit up as he put the bunny down and attempted to pick up Kokushibo's sword "hey that's not a good idea.." Daki scoffed, not keen on the idea of being killed by Muzan.

Suddenly Tanjiro clasped his little hands around the handle of the sword and lifted it high of the ground; swinging it perilously around the room as everyone gawked at him.

Such strength.

From a small human child?

Now that was interesting.

——————————-

I stepped on a fork 😭