Chp.24

Someone just stole 600£ from my bank account and the police are currently investigating for fraud 😩 sooo I may not be able to pay for my phone bills, so don't be surprised if I disappear off the face of the earth till I can pay them again.

Honestly I'm heartbroken, I've worked so hard for that money and someone stole it all.

—————————
{Kokushibo POV}

I awoke with the sound of Tanjiro sleeping softly on my chest, curled into a ball while snuggled underneath my blanket. I could feel the heat coming off his body, it really was as if he were the sun itself.

I gently lifted the blankets out the way to get a better look of him.

So cute.

I can't believe how much he's grown, it went by so quickly. I want him to stay like this, I don't want him to wither away and die like some pathetic human.

I want him to stay with us forever. I never showed much affection towards him when he was younger, which is probably why he carves it more now. He got loads of affection from master and the other upper moons though, so why am I so important?

I do regret not being more loving now looking back on it, we trained. That was how we bonded, I'm only now just realising that it probably wasn't the best way to spend time with a child back then.

Oh well.

What's done is done.

I cannot change the past, but if he becomes a demon and stays how he is now forever; I would gladly rebuild my relationship with him from the start.

Maybe he would even start to call me his brother?

"Kokushibo-san? How long have you been awake?" Tanjiro's sweet voice brought me back to reality, his bright eyes staring at me lovingly.

What did I do to receive such admiration and love from you Tanjiro? I was never there when you lost needed. Why are you so kind.

"Only a little while. Did you sleep well?" I asked him, a smile attempting to cross my face but I suppressed it and went with my usual stone faced expression.

He suddenly propped his body up and looked me in the eye "yeah! I almost completely forgot about my bad dream thanks to you" he giggled, the shirt he got from Douma falling off his shoulder.

I sighed and pulled the fabric up so it covered him again. Too kind and naive for his own good.

I watched him hug his worn out teddy tightly, it looks very old now. I mean he did have it since he was four or five, he also takes it everywhere so it's practically falling apart.

"I'm glad you had a good rest, are you sure you want to go back so soon?" I asked him, trying not to sound sad but I guess I sounded a little down by the way his face scrunched up in thought.

"D-don't be sad Kokushibo-san! I was planning on going back today but I could always stay an extra day!" He giggled, panicking a little and waving his arms in the air.

How can he read my emotions so easily? I find it frustrating, but at the same time it's nice.

"That would be nice, I could take you for a day out if you like? Just the two of us" I asked him, his face instantly brightening as he practically radiated sunshine.

"That's sounds so much fun! I'll go get changed and tell papa where I'm going!" He excitedly yelled with a blushing face, bouncing out of the bed with a large grin and quickly leaving the room.

Adorable.

————————————
{Tanjiro POV}

Wow! Kokushibo-san wants to spend time with me today! That's certainly rare for him, so I really couldn't turn it down.

I giggled and skipped down the hallway, dragging fluffy along with me as my bare feet slapped against the cold wood.

I'm sure everyone will be ok, I mean... Rengoku may have been a little scared but I'm sure they won't make a big deal out of me going for a couple days right?

Yeah... I'm sure their just fine!...

I made it to Daki's room, gently knocking on her door while holding fluffy by his ear. She opened it not so long after and squealed in delight, grabbing me under the arms and swinging me into the air.

"Tanjiro-kun! I was just about to go see you!" She sang, squeezing me in a bone crushing hug. I paled at how strong she was and meekly hugged her back "h-hello..." I wheezed out, making her gasp and loosen her grip.

"Awww sorry you're just too cute" she smiled again, dragging me into the room and sitting me on her double bed.

I heard a groan right my right and turned to see Gyutaro slowly waking up while grumbling stuff under his breath.

"Don't worry about brother, he's always grumpy in the mornings" she remarked, sitting next to me on the bed. I laughed it off and placed fluffy in my lap "that's ok! I was wondering if you had any clothes I could borrow for today since most of my stuff is back in the demon slay-"

"YES! you don't even have to finish! I've got loads come on let's see what fits you!" She excitedly exclaimed while blushing. Dragging me to her walk in wardrobe.

Of corse she has a walk in wardrobe... what did I expect?

{third POV}

Daki threw almost half her clothes on the floor while Tanjiro waited peacefully by Gyutaro, teasing the male by poking his face as he tried to have a lie in.

Gyutaro couldn't lie that he found it somewhat cute, and allowed Tanjiro to continue till Daki finally picked an outfit.

"Tanjiro-kun!~ try this one on please please!" She held up a small pair of green shorts and a flower pattered shirt with beautiful embroidery.

Tanjiro pouted at the overly feminine outfit, to which Daki sighed at his expression.

"Come onnn it'll look so cute on you! Trust me your so small that you'd look good in any of my clothes really"

This only made Tanjiro huff and pout even more.

"Hey Tanjiro how about you try and pick something from mine?" Gyutaro spoke up, nudging him in the arm. Tanjiro brightened again "ok!"

"I wanted to dress him up brother! Come on let me pleaseee" she wined, scrunching her features in annoyance.

Tanjiro gave in, he couldn't bare to make her sad after all.

———————————

This is just a cute little chapter! Sorry if it was boring (۶ꈨຶꎁꈨຶ )۶