Chp.35

Bro I almost drowned, not a fun experience I don't recommend

——————————
{third POV}

It was midnight now. Rain battered the dark forest, heavy hanging clouds shadowing the dense wood; people from little villages scurrying off and hiding within their huts.

However what they didn't know was the dangers that lurked within the forest of which surrounded their cosy homes... what was desiring to come out of hiding.

Tanjiro had greeted all his friends. Their memories of him were not gone, nor were their memories of being hashira and demon slayers yet. They simply didn't know how they changed, and something unknown was still forcing them to crave the taste of human flesh.

Muzan had allowed them out of the infinity fortress apart from Kayaga for some unknown reason. Kibutsuji had no red red Botha Akaza and Kokushibo to follow the group of newly turned demons on their first hunt, just for Tanjiro's sake of corse.

Tanjiro was currently hidden under Rengoku's cape, happy with the warmth as everyone else got drenched by the rain. Rengoku looked down on Tanjiro with his black and red eyes, giving him a toothy smile as his stomach grumbled "are you warm Kamado?" He asked the demon, earning a happy nod.

"Alright. Hurry up and do whatever, don't go running off" Akaza hissed and sent all the hungry demons scattering, their mouths drooling as they hungrily bombarded the small village.

Tanjiro was left alone next to Akaza and Kokushibo as they watched over the rest.

Kokushibo stood next to the boy and smiled as Tanjiro shrunk to his small form and made grabby hands as a signal to be picked up by the upper moon.

Kokushibo chuckled and did as asked, holding the small demon close to his chest to he wouldn't get wet, earning a subtle glare from Akaza.

"Tanjiro. Are you hungry?" He asked while staring at the havoc being casted upon the village, screaming humans running everywhere with bleeding wounds, fire breaking out as dying breaths hung heavy in the air.

Tanjiro looked up with hopeful eyes, nodding his head slightly.

Kokushibo hummed and lifted Tanjiro a little higher so his face was by his neck "there, have as much as you like" the upper moon spoke, turning his head to the side to show off his neck more.

Tanjiro looked a little sceptically, a frown covering his face as he looked at the upper moon's pale unscarred skin.

"Are you sure... I don't want to hurt you" he mumbled, rain trailing his face as saliva dripped from his small canines.

"You can have some of my blood Tanjiro, I've got a batter pain tolerance than him" Akaza lied suddenly, interjecting on their conversation. In all truth, Akaza simply wanted to hold Tanjiro because he looked absolutely adorable in his small form and it reminded him of when Tanjiro was younger.

"Ok! I don't want to hurt Koku-san after all" Tanjiro beamed and jumped from the upper moon's arms, waddling over to the other and being hoisted into his arms.

Kokushibo sent a glare to Akaza, scoffing as he marched off into the village to check on everyone.

Akaza held out his arm in front of Tanjiro's small face, gesturing him to go ahead. The new demon's nose twitched a little before he placed his clawed hands gently on Akaza's arm and sunk his teeth into the male's wrist.

Akaza smiled and patted Tanjiro on the head, slowly inching under a tree so the downpour wouldn't wet them too much.

Blood dripped to the floor as Tanjiro happily rank the blood, making sure not to bite too deep.

Akaza sighed while stroking his hand through the boy's long dampened hair, staring at Muichiro who came walking up to the tree line blood soaked.

He wore a horrified expression, long luscious hair dragging along the floor as his mouth dripped blood; crimson stained teeth fully on show.

"C-can I talk to Tanjiro please..." Muichiro breathed out, his voice shaky and uneven as if he had been crying.

Akaza narrowed his eyes and shook Tanjiro back to reality, making him rip away his teeth in question.

"Hm? Mui-chan are you ok?" Tanjiro questioned while wiping away the blood from his chin, gently jumping down from the demon's arms and growing back to his normal size.

Muichiro mumbled something but his meek voice was drowned out by the rain, his own tears disguised by the liquid. Tanjiro's eyes widened at the smell 'regret and anguish... it's so strong' Tanjiro thought stunned.

He watched saddened as the long haired demon collapsed onto his knees, head slumped in his hands as sobs racked his frame.

Tanjiro didn't know what to do, his own pent up guilt and frustration welling in his chest at the sight of Muichiro at his feet, sobbing into the storm.

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry"

————————————-

Tanjiro sat outside alone.

Keeping his thoughts to himself.

He was curled up inside his Haori comfortably, underneath a thick pine tree so the rain would not soak him through.

The rest had already been lead back to the infinity fortress, for some reason Muzan wanted to speak with them again and Tanjiro was not to attend.

He wondered if he would be able to even feel the sun upon his skin again.

He wondered if he would even smell joy and happiness wafting from his friends again. They all reeked of sorrow and hunger.

Even Inosuke would not talk to him. Tanjiro was quite saddened because of this, he had developed a slight admiration for the bore after all. Muichiro often followed Tanjiro around like before, but he was much more distant and less affectionate.

Tanjiro hated it.

He had done this to everyone.

He betrayed them.

Even with their memories forgotten, something was telling them not to come near the boy.

The boy looked out at the bleak surroundings, the heavy greenery almost a dark black in the moonlight. It gave him a sense of foreshadowing... like there was something destined to happen in the near future.

"Tanjiro? Would you like to come in? It's far too cold" a familiar voice rang in his head, making the boy look towards the person.

"Hey papa." Tanjiro mumbled, only glancing once at the male stood in the doorway before staring at the rain again; snuggling farther into his Haori.

Muzan came walking up to Tanjiro silently, taking refuge under the same tree as the boy "how are you feeling?" He asked quietly, bending down to place a hand on his shoulder.

Tanjiro shook away the demon king's hand, scrunching his face in annoyance.

"Go away"

That was the last thing he said.

Tanjiro never spoke to anyone again after that night.

—————————

Kicking children is fun