Chp.17

Ok this fanart is adorable, mui is too precious

————————-
{Muichiro POV}

Ugh those annoying water pillars, their always hovering around Tanjiro like it's nothing.

I know they practically grew up together but still... it's unfair.

"Mui-chan?"

Why must Tanjiro always be so clingy? Why can't he be like that just to me...

"Mui-chan!" The feeling of hands on face pulled me back to reality, Tanjiro's cute voice ringing in my ears. I looked down to realise I was still carrying Tanjiro and had arrived at his room.

"What's wrong Mui-chan? I was just playing with Sabito-kun?" Tanjiro tilted his head cutely, giving his adorable puppy dog eyes with a soft pout.

I placed him back on the floor nervously "sorry..." I mumbled, scratching the nape of my neck as I averted my eyes to a window. The feeling of his hand upon mind made me look at him "hey don't worry! Shall we check on the two slayers who got injured? What were their names?... oh right! Inosuke and Zenitsu!"

I huffed and intertwined my fingers with his "fine, their so loud though" I grumbled, swinging my hand a little as we walked to the medical room where Shinobu treated patients.

"Don't worry, the bore got his throat crushed didn't he? So I'm sure he'll be quiet" Tanjiro assured me and opened the door.

"Hello!~" Tanjiro sang, seeing the two slayer's bead bound. Blondie was currently scowling over some medicine while the masked one looked depressed.

Not like it's any of my concern, I don't care about them. But Tanjiro seems to do I'll just go with it.

"Oh Tanjiro! It's you!" The blonde wailed, practically crying a river while holding onto his waist. I narrowed my eyes in annoyance "stop touching him so casually, we're hashira show some respect" I scolded, grabbing Tanjiro's wrist and ripping him away from the other's hold.

The boy yelped and his under his blanket, practically shaking like a leaf "oh come on Mui-chan! Zenitsu was just happy to see us were you not?" Tanjiro giggled, poking me in the shoulder teasingly.

I turned my head away as I felt the heat rush to my face.

"Where's Inosuke?" Tanjiro questioned the still crying blonde. Who was Inosuke again? I forgot...

Oh right the pig.

"He's over there sulking, been pretty depressed ever since the water hashira dude saved him! It's kinda funny seeing him like this actually" he laughed, pointing towards the pig.

"I didn't even see you there! Inosuke what hair end your usually so loud!" Tanjiro beamed, crouching by his head and placing his chin on the bore's arm; looking up at him with a blush and large eyes.

Huh?

Why's Tanjiro so interested in the wild pig all of a sudden?

And what's with that look on his face? He always looks like that at me, not anyone else.

Damn pig.

"Awww why do you always wear this mask... your face is so pretty" Tanjiro pouted as I scowled at his affection, watching him gently lift off his mask.

"Woah! Why do you look so down?" Tanjiro exclaimed seeing his dark expression. What does Tanjiro see in him? Annoying.

I narrowed my eyes further as Tanjiro started to pull the corners of the boy's mouth up into a smile with his small fingers "there! You look much better when you smile" he giggled, practically beaming.

Ugh. I want to take him away from that bore.

Why did we come here in the first place?

"Oh Muichiro-sun! Tanjiro-kun!" Someone sang, entering the room as I turned my head to see... what's her name again? Uhhh... bug lady? No... oh yeah the insect hashira Shinobu. I remember now.

"Shinobu-san! I haven't seen you in ages" Tanjiro yelled, running up to the woman and hugging her waist. She hugged him back and patted his head, bending down a tiny bit to his height "I've got a job for you Tanjiro-kun! Do you think you could get it done?"

Tanjiro beamed and violently nodded his head "yep yep yep! Anything tell me I'll do it real quick!"

Why's Tanjiro so fond over Shinobu?

"Okyata-sama told me he has a feeling a powerful demon around the south of the woods surrounding the mansion ..." she trailed off. What does that woman want with Tanjiro?

"Since I have to help these two with rehabilitation do you think you could go check it out for me? You'll be fine" Shinobu plastered on her usual fake smile, I wonder why she does that all the time.

There's no way I'm letting Tanjiro go alone. Yes he may be one of the strongest but still, I'm coming with.

"I'll go with him"

"Oh it's ok Mui-chan! It'll be quicker if I go! I'll be back soon! Don't worry Shinobu-san I've got it"

{third POV}

After a while of convincing Muichiro and the occasional argument followed by the silent treatment, Muichiro let Tanjiro go off by himself.

Obviously very much to his discontent.

Tanjiro toon a deep breath and used thunder breathing to get to his little treehouse the upper moon's made for him.

Sunny buzzed out of Tanjiro's pocket as he began to climb up the stairs. Sunny was a special little bird really, the humming bird knew of Tanjiro conversing with the demons and Muzan; but surprisingly enough she never reported that back to the master.

In fact, Sunny would lie to the other crows in order to get them to tell the master themselves that Tanjiro had competed his missions perfectly without distraction; since she didn't like leaving his side.

Tanjiro was very grateful to the little bird to say the least.

'I can smell them so easily' Tanjiro thought with a sigh as he opened the little wooden door.

All three heads snapped towards the opened door "hello~" Tanjiro beamed, poking his head through the door and surprising the demon's inside.

Daki, Douma and Akaza sat there carefree in his little house; barely fitting in the place because of their muscular builds while chatting away carefree.

"Tanjirooo~ I've missed you" Daki sang, springing off the little futon and sweeping Tanjiro off his feet and cradling him in her arms.

Tanjiro giggled and snuggled into her chest as they sat down "hey kid, sorry about the sudden visit; do you like the house?" Akaza smiled faintly, looking at the woman and boy.

Tanjiro smiled wildly as his cheeks went rosy from happiness "yeah! Dad said everyone helped to make it! Thank you so much"

Everyone silently gushed over how cute Tanjiro was as he rambled on about nonsense till Douma broke his rambling "hey little one I wanna a cuddle as well" he pouted, outstretching his arms.

Tanjiro giggled delightfully and jumped off Dali's lap and cuddled fluffy while Douma lifted him off the floor and wrapped his arms around the boy.

"Ahhh your so warm little one! You really are like the sun itself" Douma wailed, burying his face into Tanjiro's neck and earning joyful laughter from the other.

"Oh! I forgot to say that the master senses a 'strong demon' , he originally sent Shinobu-san but she asked me to go!"

"Really? How did he know we were here?"

"Apparently it's just his intuition"

——————————-

A dog pissed on my leg, next thing you know I was using that rat as a football.