Chp.38

I stepped on a fucking slug and it's guts went everywhere

——————————
{third POV}

it had been three days since Senjuro ran away.

With his brother missing, his father an alcoholic whom had no concern for him whatsoever; Senjuro thought there was nothing left for him.

The young boy had trudged down a long path in the countryside till he finally got to a small village far away from his home.

There weren't many people, but the few there were so very kind.

They fed him, bathed him and even gave the young boy new clothes to wear.

A couple had provided him with a small bed in their living room since their house only consisted off one bedroom and a living room. It wasn't much, however Senjuro adored it.

Later on Senjuro discovered that the kind couple had tried numerous times for a child but had never succeeded.

It turned out the woman was infertile, it had a big impact on them both mentally. However the pair still obtained that strong love for each other.

Senjuro admired this about them.

The couple had taken in Senjuro as their own. Almost like their own child which they could never have.

It was like a dream come true to both.

They had their own child. And Senjuro had kind and loving parents.

It was bliss.

That was until Senjuro found himself running through woods once again, his new clothes soaked with blood; his face distraught while being chased by someone closely.

Now to further understand how our dear Senjuro got into this situation, we have to rewind the story a little.

Let's go back to the day when everything was running smoothly with the demons.

Muzan had just sent out everyone to feast on a nearby village as Kokushibo and Akaza kept watch.

Once loose everyone teamed havoc upon the once quiet village, the couple house had been one of the last attacked.

Senjuro and them were having a peacefully evening, relaxing next to the fire of which they lit before the rain came in.

"Ahhh it's so nice and warm" the little fiery haired boy smiled, his nose pink as the glow of the fire lit up his features; small hands outstretched towards the flame.

"Mhm, oh! I was going to ask what you wanted to eat tomorrow since I have enough money to buy some meat!" The woman beamed, her glassy hazel eyes shining as she snuggled into her partner's arms.

The man hummed "maybe we shou-"

Suddenly screams flooded into the air, crashing and growls ripping terror into them.

The man stood up instantly, bombarding the door with any furniture he could find. He didn't know what was happening, he just knew he needed to protect his family.

The woman embraced Senjuro in her arms, pulling them into the corner and out of sight as he stood with an axe in hand by the door.

The screaming intensified, the louder they got; the tighter the woman hugged Senjuro in her arms. The boy held to her light green kimono scared, his fists trembling as her own tears dropped onto his head.

It went to fast.

The door flew open, in the foot of his house stood Kyojuro Rengoku.

Blood stained his flowing cape, his mouth smeared in crimson as sharp fangs proceeded from his lips; dark slitted eyes containing a deep lust for flesh.

His hands rippled, claws emerging from his fingertips as he swung at the man.

He narrowly dodged, slicing the axe at Rengoku's stomach.

The demon clutched his stomach in pain, blood spurting from the wound until it swiftly healed up.

A wave of denial had overcome Senjuro.

He wanted to scream. He wanted to wake up from his hellish nightmare and go back to his old peaceful life.

The woman clasped her hand around Senjuro's mouth as he attempted to scream, hiding further into the corner while stifling her own cries of detest as her husband was eaten alive.

"Shhh shhh it's ok, I'll save you love ok?" She whispered while trembling, stiffening as Rengoku stood up after his feast, sniffing the air.

His feet left soppy crimson stains in the floorboards as he walked slowly to their hiding spot, low grunts almost animalistic coming from what once was his brother.

At the right moment, the woman smashed the window and threw herself at Rengoku; pushing Senjuro out the window while desperately holding the demon at bay.

"go run! Senjuro!" Her sweet but desperate voice bellowed through the smoke, fires catching light of their house as the duo struggled desperately.

Senjuro didn't have a choice. He would live for them.

So he ran.

He left her drying cries behind, the smell of blood and death, his brother. He ran away from it all.

His feet splashed in the deep puddles of the wood, rain soaking through his new clothes as he gradually grew slower and weaker; tripping over his own feet occasionally.

Senjuro's mind was alive with a million thoughts, pure adrenaline keeping him going.

However his heart dropped when he heard twigs breaking behind him, the sounds of silent feet stalking him slowly.

He gasped and ran even faster, looking at the edge of the forest where the sun had just started to come up.

There he would be safe. In the sunlight...

Suddenly a searing pain tore through his back, making the boy collapse to the floor in agony.

"Brother! It's me! It's Senjuro don't you remember!" He screamed upon seeing Rengoku above him, a crazied expression plastered on his stained face.

"Senjuro... I've never heard it" he hissed, lunging to bite down on his neck.

Senjuro acted quickly and grabbed a stick and whacked Rengoku over the head with it, limping hastily to the edge of the trees where the sunlight shon.

"You're not getting away!" He growled, rubbing his head and sprinting to the boy again.

His claw snagged Senjuro's clothing just as he stepped out of the wood, it tore as Senjuro ripped it and crashed into the safety of the sun.

Rengoku stood angered in the shadows, his face distorted with annoyance.

"Brother... how could you?"

————————————

Lolz I failed my maths GCSE for the second time now, someone kill me plz I'm slowly loosing my shit