Chp.5

This fannart made me cry

————————
{third POV}

"To complete final selection you are to survive the beyond wisteria flowers for a week. These demon's have been starved for over a year and are unable to escape the flowers which blood all year round, captured alone and trapped here by Demon Slayers"

"Once the week is over, descend the mountain back to this exact place, your time starts...

Now"

—————————-

Tanjiro strolled peacefully through the woods, fluffy under his arm as he searched left and right for anyone to become friends with.

The three people he met at the start left by themselves, so Tanjiro decided to walk alone, playing with fluffy gleefully under the moon light.

Muzan on the other hand was watching Tanjiro through the eyes of the hungry demon's stalking him in the woods.

Suddenly, out leapt a demon from a deep underbrush, propelling itself at the little boy sat peacefully on the floor with his stuffed bunny.

"Finally! A human to sink my teeth in!" The grotesque demon exclaimed, mouth drooling as he approached Tanjiro from above.

A smile graced the boy's lips as he unsheathed his sword in a split second, flinging himself high into the air, using water breathing to finish of the demon in the blink of an eye.

Tanjiro's movements were amazing. Such speed and strength made him look like a small green blur as he carried out techniques.

"I'm sorry" Tanjiro whispered, landing gracefully on the floor right next to the demon's dissipating head. He placed his sword back in its sheath as he walked to the demon.

"I hope you feel better now! Daddy said it dosent hurt..." Tanjiro smiled, pressing fluffy on his chest as he gave a prayer to the demon and continued on his way.

Tanjiro walked through the night, humming away whilst skipping and singing a little tune Daki had sung to him before.

"She stood in the bridge at midnight~
Her lips were all a-quiver~
She gave a cough~
Her leg fell off~
And she floated down the river~"

Suddenly, Tanjiro's singing came to a halt when thundering footsteps vibrated the terrain, a booming voice echoing through the trees as the anger ridden shouts of people racked his brain.

The boy made quick use of his nose and followed the most defined Demon smell till he came across his three 'friends' and an abnormally large mutated demon.

"Watch out!" Tanjiro screamed seeing Makomo loose her composure and recklessly go in for an attack, whilst the hand demon reached for all her limbs mid air.

Tanjiro dropped fluffy and jumped into the air, using moon breathing and cutting off every single arm which was around the girl in one swipe; ultimately saving her life.

He fell to the floor along with her, using his small body to protect Makomo as he eyes the demon "who are you brat!" The demon screeched, it's eyes narrowing threateningly.

"My names Tanjiro Kamado! It's nice to meet you, but daddy said naughty demons like you need to be punished" Tanjiro smiled innocently, his appearance contrasting his sword skills drastically.

Sabito stood stunned along with Giyuu and Makomo. They couldn't believe the techniques Tanjiro just managed to pull off... and he wasn't even trying. He could even be at hashira level if he wanted...

Sabito gritted his teeth and propelled himself at the demon once more, getting close enough to the head to take a slash at the thick skin.

"No stop!" Tanjiro yelled once again, seeing his sword break under impact as the demon sprouted another limb towards Sabito's head.

Tanjiro used the free limbs to jump on, using them to get upwards as he sliced the hand of before it could lay a finger on Sabito.

Tanjiro caught the boy mid air and set him down next to Giyuu and Makomo again.

"Please can you look after fluffy for me?" Tanjiro asked kindly, placing his green bunny in the hands of the frozen male whom he just saved.

Tanjiro smiled brightly and dodged an attack from the behind "huh?! What is it with you brat?!" The demon screamed at Tanjiro, watching his small frame sprint across his limbs and get closer to his head.

"Sorry, but you've been naughty" Tanjiro grinned, using the breath of fire to slice his head clean off, falling to the floor gracefully next to its head.

"No no no no no! It can't be... this brat really cut my head off! He-he wasn't even trying!" Tears started to well up in his eyes as he watched Tanjiro skip happily to his three friends.

He noticed Tanjiro look back at his disappearing body and grab his empty hand reassuringly; giving the demon comfort in the last moments of his life.

"H-how did you do that?" Giyuu stuttered, not expecting a little boy to save both Makomo and Sabito's lives.

"Fluffy! Did I do well?!" Tanjiro giggled, taking his toy off Sabito and engulfing him in a hug.

The pure boy pranced around the empty space happily, humming a little tune as they watched him in amazement.

Not a single scratch.

The demon couldn't even touch him once.

"T-thank you for saving us" Makomo squeaked, bowing deeply along with both the boys next to her. Tanjiro's eyes widened as he slung fluffy under his arm and bounced up to the three "can we be friends now?!" Tanjiro beamed, his smile lighting up the dark forest around them.

"Uh y-yeah sure..." Giyuu responded, straightening up his stance and staring at the boy.

"Yay!" Tanjiro squeaked, throwing himself on Giyuu's chest and clinging to him like a little koala "can you carry me please? Daddy always carries me!"

Giyuu froze before cautiously slipping his hands under the boy to support him as Tanjiro rested his head on his shoulder and closed his bright red eyes.

It wasn't long before they heard the soft, gentle snored coming from the little boy as he clung to Giyuu, squeezing his bunny as he slumbered peacefully.

————————-

A fucking bee stung my tittie