Chp.14

My sister stabbed me

———————-
{third POV}

"Tanjiro-kun, where's fluffy? You always have him with you" Rui asked, smiling down on the boy whom was resting his head in his lap, closing his eyes in bliss as the demon played with his hair.

Tanjiro scrunched his eyes shut in discomfort, the memory of the previous night coming back to his attention.

"Me and dad had an argument... I got scared and chucked fluffy on him and hid in the forest till he left" Tanjiro mumbled sadly, looking into Rui's light blue eyes enriched with blood red sclera.

Rui hummed and looked up at the dark sky, the nighttime bringing kisses of starlight upon a black basilica sky. As the low forming clouds grace the sky once more with its ambient deep hues, coming to bathe the moon in her comforting black.

"Pretty isn't it? The moon I mean" Rui mentioned, stroking his hand through Tanjiro's hair. The boy averted his gaze from his 'brothers' eyes and looked upwards "dad said the same thing" he informed, curling closer to Rui in order to conserve some warmth in the crisp night air.

"May I ask what your argument was about?" Rui questioned slightly wearily, even if he was one of Muzan's favourites; the demon lord still didn't like when anyone interfered with his and Tanjiro's affairs.

"Dad wanted me to become like him... but I like walking under the sun Rui-chan, I like my all the friends I've made" Tanjiro replied shakily, his eyes glazed over with tears yet to fall.

"Shhh, everything will be ok Tanjiro. That man simply wants to make you stay with him forever. He loves you is all, he doesn't want to watch you slowly wither away and die... and neither do I" Rui stated calmly, refusing to let his emotions overcome him.

Tanjiro finally understand.

"I won't leave you Rui-chan, I'll be with you for many more years. Thank you" Tanjiro smiled up at the demon, placing his hand upon the boy's cheek in a comforting manner.

"Thank you tan-"

"Shh" Tanjiro suddenly cut off the demon by raising his pointer finger, sprinting of the other's lap as he hoisted Rui to a stand.

"Run. Run as fast as you can, I can smell Giyuu-san coming closer. He'll kill you Rui-chan! Run, I love you" Tanjiro panicked, sending the demon boy a quick smile as he disappeared into the woods to distract the pillar.

Rui took off to hide, taking Tanjiro's advice since he knew how sharpened his senses were.

"Giyuu-san!" Tanjiro yelled just as the male came into his view, tackling him mid run in an embrace. Giyuu being the precious boy he is, shielded Tanjiro as they went flying across the forest floor from the collision.

They eventually stopped when Giyuu firmly hit his back against a tree "it's been so intense since I've seen you Giyuu-san! Your simile with Sabito-kun took forever!" Tanjiro giggled, siting on top of the pillar's chest.

Giyuu sighed and flopped his head back on the floor "don't be so reckless Tanjiro... you could've easily been hurt" he scolded, worried for his safety.

Tanjiro pouted and poked Giyuu's cheek "so you didn't miss me?!" He yelled accusingly, poking his cheek over and over till he had no choice but to give in.

"Obviously I did, your not hurt are you?" Tomioka groaned, lifting Tanjiro up by his armpits and standing up "nope! Just fine because Giyuu-Dan protected me!" He chuckled, squirming like a child in his hold.

After a moment of checking him over, Giyuu placed the boy back on the floor and took a piece of cobwebs out his burgundy hair "Muichiro has been worried sick, he says you just disappeared. Where'd you go?"

Tanjiro's breath hitched in his throat as he broke out into a nervous sweat "I thought I heard something in the forest! So I went to go check it out but it ended up being an animal..." Tanjiro hurriedly replied, occasionally stumbling over his words.

"Don't go running off like that again, let's go" Giyuu spoke up after a moment of observing the boy, gently grabbing his hand and leading him back to where everyone else was.

"What would you do if I became a demon Giyuu-san?" Tanjiro asked out of the blue, breaking their peaceful silence.

The pillar froze but continued to walk nonetheless "why do you ask such a question?" He grumbled, now slightly irritated. You could tell the air around them had thickened and become uncomfortable.

Tanjiro paled at the sudden change in demeanour "I-I was just wondering is all!"

"I would be obliged to kill you, it is a demon slayers duty after all"

Tanjiro looked at the floor in defeat while still walking. He wanted to make Muzan happy so bad, the demon king had given him everything needed for a healthy upbringing.

Some would say Muzan even spoiled the boy a little too much.

Tanjiro wanted to repay him or simply show his gratitude in some way. But if that meant becoming a demon... he was slightly more hesitant. What would his friends think? They'd try to kill him, how nightmarish that sounds.

"Tanjiro!" Someone called, snapping him from his trance "mui-chan! What's wrong?" Tanjiro gasped, being engulfed in the pillar's arms.

"Y-you ran off! I thought some demon ate you!" He exclaimed, squeezing Tanjiro to the brink of suffocation.

Tanjiro giggled and hugged him back, nuzzling his nose into the crook of Muichiro's neck; unaware of how flustered he was making the mist pillar.

Inosuke glared at Muichiro, earning a nose scrunch as he stuck his tongue out at the bore.

———————————-

"I need to talk to you Tanjiro please I'm sorry, look I brought fluffy for you"

———————————

I ACCIDENTALLY SQUISHED MY HAMSTER TO DEATH