Chp.4

——————————-
{third POV}

"Are you ready Tanjiro?" Muzan asked kindly, pulling Tanjiro's clothing over his small body as he helped him get ready.

"Yep! I've got Kokushibo-san's sword after all!" Tanjiro beamed, watching Muzan slip his new sword into its sheath and tie it around his waist.

"Ooo I can't forget fluffy!" Tanjiro exclaimed, picking up his green stuffed bunny from his bed and holding it under his arm, along with slipping the bracelet Akaza got him on his wrist.

"I don't think you should take fluffy Tanjiro..." the demon king whispered, thinking it may be a little unpractical.

Tanjiro's demeanour suddenly darkened as he sadly placed the stuffed bunny back to the floor. Tanjiro took 'fluffy' as he called him everywhere. He took him to his training, when he ate and to bed. He simply couldn't be without him.

"Fine, just make sure you don't loose him or you'll be sad" Muzan gave in, not wanting to see Tanjiro all sad.

The boy grinned and hugged Muzan tightly "thanks dad!" He beamed, picking up fluffy and pulling on his shoes.

"Go say goodbye to everyone and I'll come with you to the mountain" Muzan smiled, not wanting Tanjiro to walk all the way to final selection on his own so he decided he would take him in the nighttime so he would be ready in the morning.

"Ok!" Tanjiro yelled, bouncing out the room and where everyone was waiting for him.

"Tanjiro!~" Douma sang, stepping in front of Akaza deliberately so Tanjiro would greet him first.

Tanjiro let his biggest smile grace his lips as he bounced into the demon's arms, wrapping his little legs around his waist.

"Woah! Your lively, looking forward to final selection little one?" Douma asked, swinging Tanjiro around like how he used to when he was a baby.

Tanjiro nodded his head vigorously and shoved fluffy into Douma's face "look Dad let me take him!"

"Wow! Fluffy is going to have fun with you isn't he?! Make sure he's safe from all those hungry demons ok?" Douma replied, stroking Tanjiro's mop of burgundy hair.

"Mhm! Of corse, no one touches fluffy!" Tanjiro poured, putting on his best intimidating face but it looked more cute than scary.

"Akaza!" Tanjiro lept out of the demon's hold and hugged the pink haired demon's legs "will you miss me?" He asked sadly, giving his best puppy dog eyes.

"Of course I will, whose going to keep Douma in check for me while your out?" Akaza smiled softly, sending a teasing smirk towards the second upper moon.

Douma huffed and turned away, making Tanjiro giggle in delight "Daki!" Tanjiro hummed, grabbing the woman's hand and attempting to pull her away from the wall where she sat silently.

"Why do you have to go to that place Tanjiro... it's full of drooling demon's who'll try to get their grubby hands all over you!" She exclaimed, not keen on the idea as she was consented for his safety.

"I'll be back soon.." Tanjiro pressed his face into the woman's side; mumbling the last part of his sentence so only she could hear "mum..."

She gasped as Tanjiro giggled and pranced away; grabbing a hold of Muzan's hand as he said goodbye to Kokushibo.

She'd waited so long to hear that from him, and now she had.

"Bye bye!" He yelled, walking out into the night hand in hand with Muzan.

———————————

"Here we are... I have to go since the sun's almost up. I'll be watching you ok?" Muzan said softly, crouching down to Tanjiro's level and gently pressing a kiss on his forehead.

Tanjiro giggled and hugged the man; placing his little hands on Muzan's face as he spoke "I'll make you proud dad! I'll give you loads of useful information!"

"I'm sure you will, goodbye" with that, Muzan disappeared; leaving Tanjiro sitting next to the wisteria flowers as the fresh morning sun peaked over the mountain, showering the surroundings in a golden honey like glow.

Tanjiro's eyes glistened in amazement. It was so peaceful and quiet, only the intricate sounds of birds chirping present.

He wasn't allowed out in the day, so this was maybe about the third time he had seen a sun rise in his four years of staying with the demons.

He sat on the floor and crossed his little legs under him and hugged fluffy tightly; pressing his nose into the bunny as his dark red eyes shon with admiration.

All the wisteria flowers were so pretty in the sunlight... Tanjiro loved them.

He smiled and stood up, dragging fluffy with him as he jumped and picked a flower and tucked it behind his ear then putting one behind fluffy's long ear.

"So cute!" He beamed, talking to himself as he sat back down on the floor and started to play with his bunny, making him walk around and pretend to use a sword.

"Huh? A child" a course spoke from behind him, making Tanjiro whip his head around.

Hus eyes laid sight of two males and one female. One had king black spikes hair with a fox mask on the side of his face; he had dark blue eyes and wore a stern face.

The other had light peach coloured hair and was also accompanied with a fox mask, his eyes were a Misty lavender colour. Very similar to that of the wisteria flowers in fact. He had a softer face to the other and looked more companionate.

Finally, stood at his side was a short and petite girl. She had pure black hair complimented with a deep blue/green eyes. She wore flower patterned clothes and was calm and collected.

"Are you lost?" The boy with light peach hair asked, kneeling down next to Tanjiro.

Tanjiro radiated sunlight as he sprung off the floor. He had never seen another human for at least four years, maybe they could be his friends?

"Hi! My names Tanjiro Kamado, I'm eight years old and I'm definitely not lost because my daddy showed me here!" He smiled, picking up fluffy and cuddling him as a sort if reassurance.

"Eight... aren't you too young to be here?" The black haired one asked, narrowing his deep blue eyes.

"Nope! Can we be friends please please!" Tanjiro begged, tugging on boy's clothing.

"My names Makomo, this is Sabito and that's Giyuu" the girl spoke up, her voice caring and melodic.

"Nice to meet you! This is my friend, his names fluffy" Tanjiro grinned, shoving his toy in the girl's face.

She smiled and patted the toy on the head "he's very cute Tanjiro"

Soon enough, the place started to fill in with all sorts of different people who were planning on becoming a demon slayer. Each and everyone stared at the little boy with a toy and large sword at his hip and thought the same thing;

'What was such a small and pure child doing at final selection?'

—————————-

I want to jump of a bridge