Chp.21

Brooo my coworker at my workplace tried to fekin kiss me, even tho I'm and minor and he's fucking 18.

Needless to say I punched a bitch in the face and got fired... AGAIN! Like that shit wasn't my fault! He should've been fired not me 🥲

————————————
{third POV}

Rengoku stood up protectively in front of Tanjiro's body, shielding him whilst grabbing his sword.

"You look strong, can I ask your name?" Akaza grinned, standing a good distance away from the duo. Rengoku frowned "Kyōjurō Rengoku! Member of the hashira and flame pillar!" He yelled confidently, keeping his hand on his sword.

"I'm Akaza! It certainly is a pleasure to meet you Kyōjurō" the demon hissed, activating his compass on the floor. Rengoku was alarmed by this and readied his stance for the upper moons first move.

"I've never fought a flame pillar before, this'll be entertaining" Akaza smiled, running up to Rengoku and throwing the first punch; his fist being redirected by Rengoku's upwards technique. Akaza leapt back and raised his mutilated arm into the air, healing it almost instantly.

"That's a nice blade you have there!" The demon complimented, unaware of a certain burgundy haired teen whom was slowly waking up due to the noise.

Tanjiro awoke with a spinning head, a warm blanket of fabric covering his body as he waited for his blurry vision to clear.

'What happened... oh yeah Enmu-san' Tanjiro thought as he rubbed his eyes, finally making out the surrounding, he looked to his side and saw a blob of flesh with Enmu's eyes in, slowly dissipating into the air along with a broken train behind him.

Tanjiro's eyes widened at the sight, a sudden wash of grief overcoming his body and dulling his senses.

"T-Tanjiro..." a meek voice whispered, coming from the blob of flesh. The boy could tell the voice from anywhere.

Silent and beautiful tears started to streak down Tanjiro's face, his mind going over all the fun moments they had together when growing up. Enmu teaching him about medicines, playing hide and seek with him and Rui...

"I'm sorry" Enmu's weak voice trembled, more of the flesh disappearing slowly as Tanjiro reached out his hand. Even Enmu's own crystal blue eyes started to water, falling to the dusty floor as all he could do was wait for his demise.

Tanjiro choked on his breath one the situation clicked, throwing Rengoku's haori off him and shuffling over to the pile of flesh, his hands trembling as he tried to cradle whatever was left of his demon friend "Enmu-san please... y-you'll be find just stay for a little longer I'll figure something out!" Tanjiro desperately yelled, his salty tears dropping to the floor.

"Be safe sunshine... do whatever makes you happy" he spoke before finally disappearing, leaving Tanjiro desperately picking up piles of dirt on the floor looking for any more signs of the demon "no no no!" He yelled in disbelief, watching the piles of ash fall from his fingers and float away in the soft wind.

Tears continued to poor from his sore eyes, his cheeks becoming puffy and red.

Tanjiro sobbed once more and pressed his forehead against the floor, gritting his teeth in both anger and loss.

Suddenly a gust of wind flew past Tanjiro, his hair falling around his face messily and making him rip his eyes away from the ground.

"Akaza... Rengoku-san" Tanjiro breathed out, watering eyes laying sight of the two in a heated battle.

Rengoku looked to be desperately running out of energy, while Akaza was enjoying every moment of it "DONT DIE ON ME KYOJURO! BECOME A DEMON!" Akaza yelled with passion, releasing a series of attacks which Rengoku was having a hard time countering.

'W-what do I do... who do I help?!' Tanjiro panicked, he didn't want either of them to get hurt, he had no idea what to do.

Just then. Rengoku executed one of his hardest moves, a flame dragon forming and attacking Akaza head on. Tanjiro jumped in the dust loud full of fire and blue flame and unsheathed his sword, cutting of Akaza's arm just as it was about to impale Rengoku's stomach.

The pillar nor demon had any idea what happened, Akaza jumped back again, looking at his decapitated wrist through squinted eyes.

Starp blue and turquoise crystals sprouted from his arm, rendering his regeneration useless for a moment.

'Crystals...' then everything clicked for Akaza. There was only one person whom used such a unique breathing that could limit ones regenerative powers for a short amount of time.

Tanjiro.

"Rengoku-san! Are you ok?" The boy hurriedly rushed over to the pillar once the smoke had cleared, holding his arm to support the male.

Rengoku coughed a little and leant his exhausted body on the small boy so he wouldn't fall over, other than being very fatigued; Rengoku was completely fine. "Yes Kamado, please be careful" Rengoku coughed, using his sword to further support himself.

Akaza watched the two with a glare, brushing off the crystals from his arm as it slowly regenerated.

The pink haired demon wore an expression of jealousy and envy, crouching down threateningly as he eyed Rengoku with malice.

Did the demon slayer corps corrupt his little sunshine? Tanjiro had never intentionally hurt him before except when the two were training.

Maybe their manipulating him?

Akaza scowled and ran to deliver another fatal punch  to Rengoku but he was stopped when Tanjiro grabbed his first in his own hand, teeth gritted as he crushed the demon's hand a released him when he scowled in pain.

"What are you doing! Tanjiro!" Akaza yelled, making Rengoku's head perk in curiosity. How did this demon know Tanjiro's name? Maybe it's because he's one of the strongest hashira that his name is naturally well known?

Either way, Rengoku felt a little unease. But he had faith that Tanjiro would protect him since had severely overworked himself and was on the verge of unconsciousness.

Tanjiro felt awful, he had hurt Akaza. But he wouldn't allow Rengoku to be killed, so in retaliation he put on his best stoic face and continued to help Rengoku while making sure Akaza wouldn't hurt him.

The demon narrowed his eyes and healed his hand in an instant, zipping behind the two and grabbing the back of Rengoku's neck; hoisting him away from Tanjiro's grip.

"No stop!" The boy yelled, being caught off guard since he was trying to patch up some of the pillar's wounds.

Akaza rolled his eyes "I'll kill him right here Tanjiro"

The boy shook his head, tears already forming in his eyes. He just couldn't bare to hurt either of them, this situation was becoming quite the predicament.

"Just... don't kill him please" Tanjiro breathed out, he could easily take Rengoku back but wouldn't want to make Akaza any more mad than he was already.

Rengoku shook his head and clawed at the hands around his neck, trying to pry himself from the demon's hold.

'Shit- the sun' Akaza thought in a panic, throwing Rengoku's body to the side and grabbing Tanjiro under his arm firmly, speeding off into the shelter of the woods with him.

"KAMADO! ILL SAVE YOU I PROMISE" the pillar screamed harshly, his voice breaking with defeat as his shouts slowly got quieter and quieter the further away Akaza took Tanjiro.

The boy simply let himself be taken.

He was too devastated over Enmu to even muster any more strength into his limbs.

This left Tanjiro to wonder.

Whose side was he really on?

Demons or humans?

————————————

Sum bitch really put her cigarette out on my fucking face. I've got a big ass scab and that shit will scar