Chp.23

I caught a pigeon today, I let him go after I gave him a little cuddle and the bitch just face-planted the floor 😭

——————————
{third POV}

"What kind of deal mama?" Tanjiro asked sweetly, deciding to call Muzan using feminine pronouns since he was in his woman form.

Muzan stroked her hand down Tanjiro's cheek and lifted his face to look at herself "you won't like it but just hear me out ok? If you just listen to my idea I'll tell Akaza to give you back fluffy"

Tanjiro brightened at the idea of getting fluffy back, nodding his head vigorously "yep! I'll listen I'll listen!" He exclaimed while moving a little on Muzan's lap.

"Well alright then..."

———————————

"Muichiro please calm down!" Aoi yelled, the three butterfly girls crowding around the doorway to see the commotion.

Muichiro held the bore by the collar of his shirt, he had already chucked Inosuke's mask to the floor. The bore head looked completely emotionless, very different to what he would usually be like. The pillar was practically seething with anger in contrast, his features confirmed with rage as he held up his fist.

"Why didn't you protect him!" Muichiro roared, tears seeping down his cheeks as he gritted his teeth.

Inosuke's body hung limp in the boy's hold before he suddenly threw an unexpected punch at Muichiro and which made him release his hold "shut it misty! You can't say shit you weren't there asshole!"

Inosuke tackled the pillar to the ground, the duo engaging in a pitiful brawl "you were with him! You should've been there to help! It's your fault he got taken!" Muchiro shouted back, venom seeping into his tone.

"Fuck off! Don't go acting all high and mighty! I was helping dumb people get out of the train!" Inosuke gripped the pillar's hair and yanked it harshly, resulting in the boy to punch the bore in the jaw. Inosuke was sent scattering backwards before he was pinned again "... and why do you care so much!"

Muichiro's eyes widened at Inosuke's question "it's.. none of your fucking business" he hissed, still holding Inosuke by his collar "oh really? Guess you won't mind me making him mine" Inosuke smirked slyly, another wave of anger overcoming the pillar.

"If he's still fucking alive for you to to make a move. Just know that his blood is on your hands."

He finally let go of the slayer with that statement. Leaving Inosuke spitting blood on the floor with a swollen eye.

———————————

"Tanjiro, I know you don't want to hurt your friends. Which is why I'm giving you the option to turn them all into demons..." Muzan spoke with a little hesitance in his voice, watching as Tanjiro's expression twisted in surprise.

"H-how would that work?" He shakily questioned, having a hard time processing the information.

"Simple I'd give you enough of a dosage of my blood to you in a small vial, then you simply insert it into their food... that's all it takes"

Tanjiro was sceptical "but they wouldn't want that..." he mumbled sadly, looking at the floor.

"Would you rather that? Or have them all die" Muzan sighed, Tanjiro's kind persona could be quite difficult to work with sometimes.

"You don't want what happened to Enmu happen to anyone else do you?"

Tanjiro's eyes widened at the mention of Enmu, the dread which he had tried hard to forget washing over him again. Just like that, he cried.