Chp.7

My fucking tongue piercing got stuck on my smiley and it started GUSHING BLOOD. I'm not kidding it was whole pool worth of blood.

————————
{third POV}

"Bye bye Urokodaki-san!" Giving the old man a hug as he held Sabito's hand and walked away from the small house, set on their first mission after they had rested from final selection.

"My crow said it'll be a long journey so we need to stop at nighttime then set off again in the morning" Giyuu informed, walking next to Tanjiro with Makomo by his side.

Tanjiro hummed affirmatively and squeezed Sabito's hand "that'll be fun! Like a sleepover? I was never allowed to go see anyone" Tanjiro smiled, holding fluffy underneath his other arm as the others looked at him questioningly.

There was something weird about the way Tanjiro talked. Almost as if he was isolated from people his whole life, then there was the extraordinary skills of which he acquired. He seemed to be very clingy for affection, maybe he was used to it?

Maybe he was deprived of human contact? Deprived of warmth? Is that why he was so touchy? Why was he not allowed to go back home just yet? Where was his home?

Who were his parents?

a storm of questions circulated their minds, as they watched Tanjiro happily chase his humming bird around the dirt path; letting the sunlight warm his pale skin as he pranced in circles.

The trio suddenly turned their heads in curiosity as Tanjiro hummed a little tune to himself while skipping along;

"Hush now young one
Don't make a peep
Just close your eyes and go to sleep
I'll save you soon from this world of fear
Look out your window
I'm already here~"

Sabito turned frightened to Giyuu with a look that just said; 'fuck this shit I'm out' to which Giyuu returned the exact same expression.

"T-Tanjiro who taught you that song?" The ravenette stuttered, making Tanjiro whip his head around to look at them whilst still walking "oh! Mummy always sang to be at bed time, she makes lovely songs!"

"Who would sing a child such a song?" Makomo whispered in Sabito's ear, making the boy shrug his shoulders admittedly.

"Tanjiro what're your par-"

"If tomatoes are a fruit, then isn't tomato ketchup technically a smoothie!?" Tanjiro yelled out of nowhere, cutting of Sabito mid sentence.

"U-umm I'm not sur-"

"A flower! This would look pretty in you Makomo-san!" Tanjiro beamed, picking a small blue wildflower from a nearby bush and putting it in the girl's hair.

"Thank you Tanjiro"

"No problem!"

———————————

"Please follow me to your room demon slayers" the kind old lady spoke, giving a closed eye smile and leading the four to one of the available rooms for a night stay.

"I want this one!" Tanjiro squealed, chucking fluffy on a mat which was right next to a window and prancing around the room happily "hey Tanjiro calm down" Sabito hushed, afraid of making a scene.

"It's quite alright, young ones can be quite energetic" she laughed, placing a change of clothes on the floor along with a decent meal.

"Sabito can I eat now? I'm really hungry" Tanjiro wined, staring at the food lustfully with wide eyes.

"Hold on a second Tanjiro" he smiled, handing him his own little pile of clothes and telling him to get changed before eating.

Almost as soon as he was given the clothes, Tanjiro had already changed and had started scarfing done his food, slowly followed by the other three.