Chp.37

I will boil your toes and braid your spinal cord
—————————-
{third POV}

"Amane... it's a shame for us to meet under these circumstances" Tamayo hummed, taking a delicate sip at her tea while sitting around the table along with the master's wife and children.

"I can agree. I must ask what brought you here" the wife replied, keeping her usual stone faced expression; however her large lavender eyes contained a hint of red as if she had been crying.

"I think you can guess Amane." The demon replied, eyeing Yushiro who was across the table sat next to one of the eldest daughters.

The woman in question furrowed her short cut eyebrows "yes... you've noticed their absence i assume?" she intertwined her fingers, referring to the hashira.

"Of corse, it's inevitable for us to have come here. Attacks on villages have been brutal recently, none of the crows are responding and all signs of the pillar's are nought"

"It's hard to put it into words Tamayo. Let me cut the point, a traitor was let into our ranks. Tanjiro Kamado, the crystal pillar. I'm sure you've heard of him, he's quite popular amongst the slayers for becoming so strong at a young age"

"How could I not? With such strength and a unique breathing style he's obviously well known"

"Yes. I had intended to meet him one day" Yushiro voiced, making Tamayo nod her head.

"Well... Tanjiro was working for Muzan"

—————————————-
{Muzan POV}

"Have you even tried to tempt him out?!" I growled annoyed, glaring at Akaza's bowed figure before my feet.

"Yes Muzan-sama. I've tried almost everything, blood, his favourite games, that Muichiro he has a fondness to and even Jiro your... cat"

I rubbed my eyes harshly, trying to think of a possible solution.

"It may be out of line for me to suggest master but maybe you should try talking to him? He'll starve to death if he doesn't come out soon"

I snapped my head in Akaza's direction, sending a tentacle out to push him closer to my face. He gritted his teeth and shook under my gaze as I stared at him.

"What do you expect me to do Akaza? You tell me if you are so full of answers, why did he yell at me that day? Why was I demanded by him to 'go away' tell me" I ordered, my eyes shaking with rage.

Akaza tensed "maybe he's feeling guilt..." he forced out, looking away afterwards.

I scoffed and dropped Akaza to the floor, leaving him bowed in fear as I teleported to Tanjiro's room.

I pressed my ear against the wood and listened in for any movements.

... nothing.

"Tanjiro open the door." I knocked on it a couple times.

Silence.

"Would you like to starve to death in there?" I spoke, sharpening my nail on my pointer finger.

Fuck sake Tanjiro. I can't take this anymore, it physically pains me when you ignore me.

"I'll give you a count down, then I'm coming in wetter you want me to or not" I demanded, still waiting for a response before I started counting down.

"One... two... three. That's it" I rolled my eyes and put my nail in the keyhole, fiddling around with it until the door swung open slowly with a click.

It was dark, although my eyes caught sight of a light shiner amidst the sea of black.

I ducked suddenly when Tanjiro's bird came hurdling at me at full speed, it's little wings fluttering frantically.

I glared and grabbed it mid air with ease, bringing it up to my face.

It churned repeatedly as if trying to tell me something.... How does Tanjiro speak bird again? Ugh forget it.

I rolled my eyes and let go, walking into the room swiftly.

"Tanjiro? Hey... it's just me" I called but no one responded. Narrowing my eyes I turned on the lights to be met with absolutely nothing. His room was empty.

Now I started to panic.

"Tanjiro! Where are you!" I bellowed and ran out of his room, frantically searching the halls while looking through the eyes of the upper moons to see if he was near them; he wasn't.

Shit where is he!

I contacted Nakime through our connection to open a door for me and look for Tanjiro also. Instantly a door appeared for me which lead outside.

Fuck it's daytime!

I growled as I looked at the nearby shaded woods, maybe he just went for a walk!

I outstretched my hand in the rays of light and recoiled sharply as my skin sizzled painfully. I took a deep breath and steadied myself. 1,2...3!

With that I dashed out the door and into the shady woods in a second. I fell to my knees once safe, holding my face in pain as the burns slowly healed.

"Tanjiro!" I screamed, using all my senses to try and locate him.

Just where did you go... I wondered while sending out my tentacles with an eye on each to easier scout the area.

I closed my eyes and envisioned what they were seeing on my head.

Ugh why can't I find him! Who can help me... Kokushibo wouldn't be much help, Akaza? No... ah perfect Inosuke!

I snapped my fingers and summoned him in an instant, he instantly bowed, long hair draping around his exposed chest as his blue claws dripped with fresh blood... must've just called him in the middle of eating.

"Use your spacial awareness to find Tanjiro. Now" I demanded, he instantly rose "yes master" he grunted, I watched as he wiped the blood from his mouth and ripped out his swords from his back and stuck them in the ground.

I waited for a minute as he closed his eyes and hummed while outstretching his arms "follow me" Inosuke finally grunted and took off into the woods.

————————————
{third POV}

'I didn't realise anyone would be here...' Tanjiro thought as he froze at the sight of the Master's family, Yushiro and Lady Tamayo.

"You..." the wife breathed out, her voice shaky.

Yushiro instantly stood up in front of Lady Tamayo protectively "why are you here!" He yelled, getting ready to activate his blood demon art.

"How... it's daytime" Tamayo gasped, they arrived at nighttime but it was now impossible for them to leave the house because it was surrounded by sunlight.

"Please don't be afraid... i- I won't hurt anyone I promise" Tanjiro spoke with hesitance, watching as they flinched at his slightest movements.

He never wanted to be feared.

This wasn't what Tanjiro wanted.

"Traitor, you ruined everything. Everything we've worked for and built. It was all you" Amane shook with rage, she wasn't one to loose her composure but who cared now? Everything was destroyed just because of one boy...

"You can withstand the sun cant you?" Tamayo calmly asked, patting Amane on the back to calm her.

Tanjiro fiddled with his fingers and shamefully looked at the floor, lips curling as tears threatened to fall "yes..."

"Tanjiro come sit down we can talk" Tamayo stepped forward cautiously, giving Yushiro a nod to step down.

Tanjiro flinched as she got close enough to place her hand on his head "you didn't want any of this did you?"

The boy shook his head in denial, sniffling back gentle sobs.

"Why don't you help us then?"

————————————-

I almost drowned in my sink.