Chapter Thirty-Five

"Like You Like An Arsonist"

Just Before Summer

Nathan Scott had finally packed up his and his daughter's things, as well as his wife's stuff, so he was ready to move back home with his parents. Nathan wasn't all that thrilled about having his daughter living under the same roof as his father but he knew that this was something that he had to do for his mother. Besides, Deb Scott had promised him that the three of them would somehow get away for Dan Scott.

Nathan had just come into the house with the last of Paige Scott's things, but he had to make one or two more trips to his car to get the rest of his things. When he was back inside of the Scott house he let the front door close behind him, as he set his daughter's suitcases onto the floor.

"Nathan, I was hoping that was you." Deb said, coming out of the living room with her granddaughter on her hip, and who was wearing a light light dress and white tights, that her aunt Brooke had made for her. "It's just been Paige and me all night." She said.

Nathan had left Paige at her house a few hours ago, because there was something that he had to do before he officially moved back in with his parents.

"I had something to do." Nathan informed his mother.

The two stood in silence for a moment or two, before Deb wrapped her arm around her son's neck, giving him a hug whilst she still continued to hold her granddaughter. "Oh, honey." She said, huging him for a moment or two before they pulled away from one another and Deb switched Paige to her other hip. "I know this is hard for you, but I promise you...-the three of us will be free soon." She told him.

"I know we will." Nathan said, just as the phone began to ring at the same time Nathan heard a small knock on the front door, but at first he just thought he was hearing things as he didn't hear it again.

"I'll get that. You take Paige, for a moment." Deb told her son, before she gave her granddaughter a few kisses on her cheek casuing Paige to giggle loudly before she handed her over to her father, and then Deb left them alone.

"Let's go get the rest of daddy's things, shall we?" Nathan said, as he tickled his daughter's tummy casuing her to wiggle in his arms as she let out more loud giggles. "Yeah, we'll do that. And then we'll watch some cartoons, you like that plan?" Nathan asked his daughter, and all he got in response to it was a few baby noises which caused him to laugh as he opened up the front door.

As Nathan did, he found his wife, Brielle Davis, stood on the other side of it slowly dropping her fist. Nathan came to a quick halt and looked right at his wife, as she stood in front of him and he was completely confused as to why she was. Brielle glanced between her husband and their six month old daughter.