Chapter Seventeen

"The Leaving Song"

The next day, I went home and got ready for the school day, and then on the way to school I dropped Paige off at Deb's

The next day, I went home and got ready for the school day, and then on the way to school I dropped Paige off at Deb's. I didn't mind letting Deb watch her while we were at school, because I knew that she was divorcing Dan so I knew he would be around her. I had passed through my day at school and was now sat on the floor in the gym. It was practice time, the boys were over with Whitey, while I was with Peyton, Brooke and the other members of our squad. Brooke and I were going to be teaching them a routine that we had come up with. I'm pretty sure that this is the first even time was have been running together since I had told her that I wanted her to be co-captain with me.

Because after I had Paige I still took some time off of practice, and I decided to return the night of the boy toy auction. I got up off of the floor and walked over to get some water when Peyton was getting some two, and when I turned around we were met by my sister. "Now that Lucas has outslutted the both of us. . are we back to clothes over bros?" Brooke asked, and I laughed. Ever since the three of us had been friends, before had started this weird saying, kind of like our nicknames of P.Sawyer, B.Davis & B.Davis 2.0. I was B.Davis because I older and she had the 2.0 on the end. The weird saying was, Clothes over Bors and then we would fist bumb.

And it kind of just suck, like the nicknames.

"Okay, she's talking to me. Does that mean she's shopping with me? I was thinking maybe we could spend a little trial makeup time at the mall." Peyton asked.

"You know, there may be hope for you yet." Brooke said.

I smiled. "Finally. . my two favourite people are friends again. . kinda. . sorta. . I don't even know. But I am very happy I'm no long stuck in the middle of the two of you." I said, and I pulled them both in for a group hug, and then both laughed at my dorky ness.

"Oh, but I thought Nathan was your favourite person." Peyton teased me, as she elbow me a few times and I rolled my eyes, but still kept my smile on my face.

"Oh, shut up!"

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

The next day, after school I picked up Paige from Deb, who was on a shift a the cafe. I then went home to do some work for school, but then ended up coming over to Nathan. And that's where I was now, I was sat at his island with his laptop working on my paper for school. The cable and internet at my house was acting up, but Nathan's was perfectly fine. "You are totally saving my life, babe. Thank you so much. Brooke or Benjamin have to call our parents to tell them that the bill needs to be paid." I said, and to be honest that sounded a little. The only time we ever spoke to out parents was on the phone.