Chapter Forty-Nine

"Fireworks"

2006

"So you want me to tell you something about myself? I don't have anything to say. And, even if I did, you'd be wrong to believe me. Trust is a lie. Nobody ever knows anyone." I came to a halt in the school hallway when I heard Nathan's voice coming from one of the TV's that was up in the hallway, and my eyebrows frowned together, confused as to what I was looking at.

"You know, people think that if you love somebody hard enough, then everything's just going to work out. People are wrong. 50 years from now, I hope that you got what you wanted, Brielle. But getting married to you was the worst mistake of my life."

My eyes widened as I started at the TV screen in front of me and I glanced over my shoulder at where Nathan was stood, and when he's ocean blue eyes met my hazel-green ones he instantly looked down at the floor in shame. This was the time capsule, the one that I was here for, and I can not believe that Nathan had said those words. I understand that he was angry and hurt about me leaving him and our daughter, but... just wow.

"Here's a little advice. Never get married. In the end, you'll only be miserable." Nathan looked away from the floor and back up at me, and I knew that there were tears that were filling my eyes, so now it wa my turn to look away from him, and then I started to walk down the opposite hallway. I just could bring myself to look at him after that.

Is that how he truly felt?

No my walk I ended up running into Brooke, Peyton and Katie who all looked at my with sad expressions on their faces and I quickly shock my head at them. "Take those looks off of your faces, please. I'm absolutely fine, don't worry." I told them, and Katie shock her head at me as she wrapped an arm around me, and Brooke's type was the one that started playing next.

"You're really not, but it's okay."

"Let's see, in ten years, I'll probably married to someone like Marvin McFadden. You guys probably call him Senator McFadden. We just call him mouth. So, if you're watching this is in 2055, there really needs to be some sort of record of my body at its peak." I looked over at my sister with wide eyes.

"Brooke...-please tell me you didn't." I said to her, and her face began to turn flushed.

"Oh, no. Wait! We have to turn this off, right now." Brooke told us, ans then my sister started pushing through the crowds of people so that she could get to the monitor and over it up just as she started to take her shirt off and I faceplamed, mentally. She's my sister, and we used to have sleepovers all of the damn time, so I have seen her naked more times than any guy has, but I didn't expect the whole school to ever find out what was under her clothes.