Chapter Twenty

"The Truth Doesn't Make a Noise"

Lucas had sent me a text message telling me that he was going to be throwing a party for Nathan and I, with Brooke, Peyton, Haley and Benjamin

Lucas had sent me a text message telling me that he was going to be throwing a party for Nathan and I, with Brooke, Peyton, Haley and Benjamin. He said something about them wanting it to be a celebration for us getting married. Yes, I am talking about the Lucas Scott that left for Charleston. He returned home. I hadn't actually seen him face to face yet, but he had given me a call to say that he was coming home, and he also gave me a call when he was back in town. I was glad that he had come home, even though he wasn't go for that long, Tree Hill just didn't feel the same without him around. I looked down at my phone seeing that he had sent a message to me saying excellent. I saw him in the distance and my way over to him, he looked slightly different from when he left, and that was because he had gotten a buzz cut. And I'm not going to lie, he did look really weird.

"Excellent right back at you, BIL." I said to him.

Lucas let out a laugh. "Okay, I've been gone for what; a few days and you already for go my name? Who's Bill?" He said. I rolled my eyes as I binged him in the side lightly with my elbow, and then I linked my arm through his as we continued to walk.

"B-I-L! Brother-in-law. That's you, buddy. Your my brother-in-law, now." I said, as I gave his arm a few taps with a smile on my face.

"Oh, crap. . I'm related to you now?"

"Haha. . you are only related to me by law, you are safe." I said, while I laughed. "But then again you are related to Paige by blood, even though we are not related by blood. Families are very weird and complicated things." I said, and he smiled.

"When Nathan told me about the two of you, at first I thought that he was trying to make a joke. I actually laughed at him about it. . and then I realized he was dead serious. But just so you know. . I am happy for you, Bree." Lucas said.

I laughed. "Oh yeah. . Nathan did mention that you called asking about Dan, and you asked how me and Paige were doing. So he told you we're married and how you laughed at him, which honestly isn't how I thought you would have reacted to the news." I said.

"So, how did Ben take the news?" Lucas asked.

"Pretty much how you think he did. . told me I was a child and that I had made a stupid mistake. But I said it wasn't possible for me to be a child when I had one of my own." I said, and he laughed.

"That sounds like something the two of you would say. . so what about Brooke?" He asked.

"Well, at first she ranted about how she admired me for not having sex again and waiting til marriage. And then when I showed her the ring, she got made at me because I didn't invite her, and mad because she was supposed to me my maid of honor. And then when I was picking up my things she came to apologise to me, and followed that up by asking if I was going to have another baby." I said.