Chapter Forty-Six

"I've Got Dreams to Remember"

Brielle Davis-Scott walked into the guidance counselors office and sat down across the desk from the counselor, all of the seniors were having sessions with her about what colleges they wanted to go to, since they were about halfway through the ye...

Brielle Davis-Scott walked into the guidance counselors office and sat down across the desk from the counselor, all of the seniors were having sessions with her about what colleges they wanted to go to, since they were about halfway through the year, it was time to think about their next steps.

"So, have you given any throught to which college you'd like to attend?" She questioned Brielle.

"Yeah, actually, um...-I've been looking at Berkeley, or Standford." Brielle told her, holding up two pamphlets for both of the colleges with a bright smile on her face, but that smile started to fade way when the guidance counselor started laughing at her.

"Oh...-you're serious. Well, Standford or Berkeley may not be realistic for you, Failelle." The counselor said, and Brielle raised an eyebrow up at her.

"Brielle." She corrected.

"What?" The lady asked her.

"I think you just called me 'Failelle' my name is Brielle." She told her.

"My mistake. I must have thought that was your name because you failed every class." The guidance counselor said to her, and Brielle's eye went wide, as the woman held up a piece of paper that had a big fat red 'FAILED' written across it, and Brielle leaned forwards a little to get a better look at it.

"I didn't fail anything!" She exclaimed.

"No? What about your marriage or being a mother?" The woman questioned her.

Brielle rolled her eyes. "Well, I don't really see how that is any of your business." She said.

"Then we the HCM test...-you failed that too." The guidance counselor informed her, and Brielle stared at the women in confusion. Because she had absolutely no idea what the woman was going on about, how could she possibly have fail a test that she didn't even need to take in the first place.

"What? No, I didn't." She said.

"Oh, that's right. You failed the friendship test by letting Lucas play basketball with a serious heart condition. Such a shame." The woman told her, and Brielle quickly shock her head at her, and then she heard a loud bang. When she looked over her shoulder the office door swang open to reveal her ex-boyfriend/close friend, Lucas Scott, laying on a hospital gurney with Dan standing over him, acting as a doctor and Tim was stood beside him acting as his nurse.

Dan had a defibrillator hooked up to Lucas' chest. "Clear!" Dan yelled, but the shock did absolutely nothing. Lucas's body just laid on the gurney completely still and he wasn't breathing. Tim, who was dressed like a nurse, looked down at Lucas' body and shook his head.