Chapter Eighteen

"The Games that Play Us"

"Let's go Ravens! Let's go Ravens! Let's go Ravens

"Let's go Ravens! Let's go Ravens! Let's go Ravens."

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Tree Hill Hill Ravens Baketball, brought to you by webcast at Ravenshoops.com. I'm mouth McFadden, and the playoffs are finally here, so throw out the perfect record. If the Ravens lose this one, the season is over."

A Few Days Before the Game

Brielle Davis was sat on a bench outside of school, looking at pictures of her and Nathan, him and Paige and some of the three of them together, on her phone. She hadn't spoken to him much since what happened at his house, she only sent him messages about Paige so that he was up to date on what was going on with her.

"Don't think I haven't noticed your part in all of this." The Davis girl heard someone say, and when she looked over her shoulder she saw Dan Scott stood behind her, and she rolled her eyes. She hated nothing more than when Dan came upto talk to her, when she was alone.

It made her uncomfortable. Not because she thought he do something, but just because of his presence.

"You know, Brielle. If you're going to manipulate him you should aim a little higher, than having a baby to keep him around. And remember, payback is hell." Dan said, and Brielle didn't say anything to him. She didn't want to cause a huge seen, and she knew that yelling at him would only make things worse. Dan got up from the bench and started to walk away but turned back when he realized he had one last thing to say to her.

"By the way, nice tattoo. Real Classy."

The Gym

"Just moments away from the beginning of the playoff game. Winners advance. To the losers, well, their season is over. Dan Scott is standing in for Couch Whitey Durham. . who's out with an illness. I'm not sure who signed off on that one, but let's hope Coach Durham gets well soon."

"You alright?" Lucas Scott asked his brother, Nathan Scott, while the two of them were warming up for the game. Nathan had looked over at all of the cheerleaders and had noticed that Brielle was stood with them. Which made him a little worried.

"Bree's not stood with the other cheerleaders. . you seen her?" Nathan asked.

"No."

A Few Hours Before the Game

Brielle Davis was up in her bedroom with her daughter as she rocked her to sleep. Paige hadn't been able to sleep lately, and Brielle wasn't sure why. When Paige had finally settled and closed her eyes to sleep, Brielle heard a knock at her her front door. She grabbed the baby monitor and carried down stairs with her, so that she would be able to hear of Paige was crying. The Davis girl opened up the front door and saw that Nathan Scott was was walking down the steps of her porch, in the pouring ran.