Chapter Forty-Four

"Brave New World"

The next morning when I woke up, I rolled over in the bed slightly expecting to find the man that I loved laying next to me because why wouldn't he be laying with me? Last night, was absolutely perfect and that was putting it lightly, it was every...

The next morning when I woke up, I rolled over in the bed slightly expecting to find the man that I loved laying next to me because why wouldn't he be laying with me? Last night, was absolutely perfect and that was putting it lightly, it was everything and more that I had been waiting for, and I missed my husband so much, so I was glad that we finally got to share a moment with each other that was just ours.

"Hey..." I mumbled still half asleep, getting ready to cuddle up to Nathan, but that was when I realized that I was alone in his bed. "Oh."

"Well...-well." I glanced over my shoulder to see that Dan had walked into the bedroom, which causes me to jump up and I quickly covered myself up with Nathan's blanket even more, and Dan just stood there with a smirk on his face.

"Where's the better half?" He asked.

"I don't know!" I told him, as I shrieked back into the bed, because this whole situation was making really really uncomfortable, and I really just wanted Dan to get the hell out of here.

"Oh..." Dan said, before he bent down towards to ground and picked something up off of it and when he held it up, it was my blue laced bra, and I shuddered at seeing him hold up my bra. "He was always a love-em-and-leave-em type." He said.

Remind me to bra that stupid bra.

"Can I help you something? As far as I know this house doesn't even belong to you anymore." I snapped at him, and then he walked closer to me, and unfortunately there was absolutely no more room on the bed for me to move back to, but he was really making me feel uncomfortable and seriously creeping me out.

"Trust me, little girl. This house and everything in it will always belong to me." He said, leaning closer to me.

"Could you just get out already? You're seriously making my uncomfortable." I told him.

"You know, at least Peyton was pleasant in the morning." He said, and I glared at him even more than I already was, and then he finally stepped away from me and walked over to the door, and he was just about to finally leave, but then he turned back around to look at me.

"Oh, by the way, I'm still waiting on those annulment papers. I hope you don't think a one night stand's going to change that." He said, and I glared at him harder.

This wasn't a one night stand, right?

"Go screw yourself, Dan." I told him, through my teeth and that only made the smirk on his face grow in size.