Chapter Two

"The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most"

"So that's the guy that beat Nathan?"

I asked my best friend Peyton Sawyer, while I stood on the sidelines with her and my twin sister Brooke Davis, they were all cheerleaders. I was the captain of the team. Brooke ran for captain as well but lost to me and she wasn't very happy about it for along time. Nathan had told me that he'd asked Lucas Scott, he's half-brother, to play a one-on-one game against him, which Lucas expected. Nathan also told me that he only asked him because Couch Whitey Durham asked Lucas to join the team.

Brooke looked out onto the court to see who I was looking at, and when Brooke saw who it was she automatically bit down on her bottom lip. "If you showed up you would know." Peyton snapped at me. Peyton and I had been on the outs recently, but I tried my hardest to be her friend giving the situation I was in. I wanted nothing more then to tell my best friend that I was pregnant but I couldn't. I looked at Peyton and rolled my eyes, the only reason I didn't go was because I was throwing up all night at Nathan's house. Over the last four months I'd been sleeping at he's so he could help with baby stuff.

Brooke looked at the two of us realising that there was some tension and rolled her eyes. She hated that I had been spending nights at Nathan's and basically living with him, because she knew that it was pissing of Peyton. "Well he's good from behind." Brooke said, trying to break the tension between the two of us which actually work. It had all three of us laughing. I looked over at Nathan and gave him a smile which he returned. I watched as Nathan and the team ran onto the court taking their spaces ready to start the game. I stood in the middle of Brooke and Peyton like I always did but Peyton rolled her eyes and moved the other side of Brooke.

Nathan stood in the middle of the court ready to take the tip off. He looked over at me and gave me another smile, and then he looked over at Peyton who gave him an evil look, which he just shrugged off. He jumped up winning the tip off and hit it over to Lucas, who went to grab it but missed it. I quickly jumped out of the way, because if I didn't I would have been hit with the ball that was coming towards me.

"Nice hands, asshole." I teased him, with a little anger in my voice but then I laughed. Lucas looked at me and smiled.

"Nice skirt." He teased back, causing me to laugh a little more, and then he ran back out onto the court. Peyton looked over at me and rolled her eyes at me and I shrugged it off and looked back at the court and watched the guys as I waved my pom poms. I had my eyes focused on Lucas for a couple of seconds, he was doing terrible on defense and the other team was scoring on him easily.

"Hey, what side you playing on?" Nathan yelled at him. I then went back to staring at Nathan, which was weird. Ever since I found out I was pregnant and how he was there for me all summer, and now we were back a school I would stare at him during practice not thinking much of it, but now I was doing it during the games and that made me more confused. I looked over at Peyton who had a fake smile plastered on her face, as she shock her pom poms.

𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗂𝗈𝗇 | TOGETHER . . . nathan scott On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara