Chapter Seven

"The Search For Something More"

I was in Peyton's bed with my twin and my best friend, we were all just laying in the bed watching a scary movie

I was in Peyton's bed with my twin and my best friend, we were all just laying in the bed watching a scary movie. While me and Peyton were, Brooke was fast asleep. I was still pissed about what Brooke did last night, and we hadn't really been talking to one another. I know that Brooke felt terrible about what she did, but she just didn't have the right to tell the whole world mine and Nathan's secret. Peyton actually didn't care that Nathan was the father of my baby, she was a little pissed that me of all people could help him cheat on her. But other then that she was happy for us both, and said that she always know that we would be good together and that one day we'd be a happy family together.

The main girl in the movie screamed, which made Brooke jolt suddenly awake from in between Peyton and I. Brooke didn't remember anything from the night before and I could tell that she didn't, and just rolled her eyes at my younger sister. Brooke ran her hand through her hair while she looked between me and our best friend.

"So, what am I doing here?" Brooke asked.

"Brooke, that's two nights in a row you don't remember what happened the night before." Peyton said, and Brooke let out a sigh while looking between the two of us. "Oh, please tell me I didn't make a fool of myself in front of Lucas."

"Nope that was me." Peyton said.

"Wait. You two were totally hot for each other." Brooke told her.

"Were. . until about halfway through ripping each other's clothes off. I bailed." Peyton said, and I raised an eyebrow at her because that was new information to me.

"What, why?" I asked.

"Because, he got all serious. He started talking about this intense commitment or I don't know." She said shaking her head and I raised my eyebrow again.

"And thats a bad thing why?" I asked her, before she could respond Brooke began to speak.

"Uh. . I don't wanna live in a world where three fine and willing girls like ourselves can have such a lame Friday night. I have to change my karma." She said.

"Yeah, well thats not the only thing you gotta change." I mumbled from beside her, while I climbed out of the bed. Brooke looked up at me and her eyes fell when she remembered what she did.

"Elle, I. .-"

I shock her head while putting on my leather jacket. "-. .just save it Brooke. I don't wanna hear anymore lame excuses. Now I have to go." I said, I looked over at Peyton and gave her one last smile before I walked out of her bedroom. I was about to meet Lucas and Haley at the record store, because I decided that I'd just hang out them more.