Chapter Twenty-Three

"We Might as Well Be Strangers"

Nathan and I got off of the school bus, we had not long dropped Paige off at daycare

Nathan and I got off of the school bus, we had not long dropped Paige off at daycare. Nathan and Lucas still haven't finished the car yet, and of course we were still stuck the bus everywhere. "Please tell me that you and Lucas are close to finishing that car?" I asked Nathan, and he didn't answer because he had headphones in. "Hey, earth to husband." I said, taking out his earphone.

"Oh sorry." Nathan said, taking his headphone back.

"What you listening too?" I asked, taking back the headphone.

"It's your new song. I ripped it from your laptop." Nathan said, and I rolled my eyes. Ever since he got me the guitar I had been recording my songs and had been putting them onto my laptop, but the one he had taken was my new one that was finished.

"Nathan!" I exclaimed, as I hit his chest lightly."How many times to I have to tell you? Stay of my laptop."

"What you hiding porn on there?" Nathan asked and let a sarcastic laugh escape my lips.

"Ha, ha! Very funny. But my name isn't Nathan Scott it's Brielle Davis." I teased him, and Nathan let out a chuckle, just as I saw Lucas in the distence so I walked over to him, and I heard Nathan call out something to me as I did.

"No you're name is Brielle Davis-Scott, babe."

I looked over my shoulder at my husband with a bright smile on my face, because I loved hearing him say that, and then I looked back around at Lucas. "Hey. I thought we were close" I said, tapping his shoulder.

"Huh?" Lucas asked me confused.

"The girl. Nathan said you met a girl." I said, linking my arm in his. The other night we all got involved in some dare night that Felix put together and Nathan said that Lucas had met some girl while he was completing his dare.

"Oh, yeah. Well, we sort of. . we just hung out." Lucas said.

"At what? The play ground?" I joked with a smile.

"No, it wasn't like that. We talked, you know. I didn't even get her number. I'll probably never see her again." Lucas said, before I unhooked our arms.

"Did you at least get a name?" Nathan asked, as he put his arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah. It was Anna." Lucas said, as we walked and he saw the girl. "I'll catch you guys later."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

"What are these auditions?"

Nathan asked while the two of us got into school and he picked up a poster, one of the ones that Peyton had put around town promoting an all ages night club. I was very happy for her, she had been talking about it for awhile but now she was finally doing, and if she found some good musicians then it would be a pretty great night.